What's new
@RGB I noticed your parts list doesn't include the kick harness. Where can I get a short one?
crimping yourself one sir ... all you need to buy is : cables (22awg) , connectors , pins for connectors and of course a crimping tool for this kind of applications. i will learn to make my own kick harnesses :whistling: :saint:

Last edited:
@RGB I noticed your parts list doesn't include the kick harness. Where can I get a short one?
crimping yourself one sir ... all you need to buy is : cables (22awg) , connectors , pins for connectors and of course a crimping tool for this kind of applications. i will learn to make my own kick harnesses :whistling: :saint:
would you have the part number for the connectors? I don't know what the cps2 uses for the harness.

would you have the part number for the connectors? I don't know what the cps2 uses for the harness.
From the Arcade Otaku Wiki.

• CPS2 Kick Harness Connector
    • Description: Rectangular Connectors 2.5MM DOUBLE ROW SKT 34P HOUSING
    • Manufacturer Part Number: DF1B-34DS-2.5RC
    • Mouser Part No: 798-DF1B-34DS-2.5RC

• Connector Pins
    • Description: Rectangular Connectors 20-22AWG SKT CONTACT TIN PLATING
    • Manufacturer Part No: DF1B-2022SC
    • Mouser Part No: 798-DF1B-2022SC

Should be the information you need. There may be a lead time at Mouser for them so octopart may have a more up to date list.

I used 22awg stranded to make mine. I like it because it's more mobile than solid core. Solid core is easier to route and will stay in place once bent so the answer really depends on your needs.

OK. Thanks
I have extra cps2 harness ends and pins so you can make your own if you dont wanna go throw the ordering ^^ if you going to jassin house i can just give it to you there

Attachments

• B40FED26-230A-4722-922C-641CAE4DB849.jpeg
    B40FED26-230A-4722-922C-641CAE4DB849.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 237
Use stranded. If you use solid core it wont be flexible and is more likely to disconnect internally if flexed a lot.

Finally got mine working, but now I have color issues. Any ideas? too dark, red is worst - seems inverted, green or blue filter on entire image depending on what's being shown. shorted exc5, persistent issues. Reseating does not fix. Rev 6 board wired to CN9.

Attachments

• IMG_20190810_234603264[1].jpg
    IMG_20190810_234603264[1].jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Finally got mine working, but now I have color issues. Any ideas? too dark, red is worst - seems inverted, green or blue filter on entire image depending on what's being shown. shorted exc5, persistent issues. Reseating does not fix. Rev 6 board wired to CN9.
check the connections for your RGB taps (steps 2 and 3 in the installation instructions). the solder joints for the U header in particular are easy to mess up while seating the av interface board and closing up the case. So they may require more solder for a secure connection.

Yup. You got it right. I broke the solder to the chips the av sits on. Works perfect but I have no sound. I'm trying to get help on the 'definitive guide' thread. Thank you!

Yup. You got it right. I broke the solder to the chips the av sits on. Works perfect but I have no sound. I'm trying to get help on the 'definitive guide' thread. Thank you!
Sir , what kind (the model number) of coax cable you used for this application ?

Rg174. You are also the second person to bring that up, I'll be rechecking/flowing it when I get home from work.

Last edited:
after resoldering everything for good measure I still had the same issue. It wasn't until I bumped into the wires that I located the problem and got a hint of sound! The RCA jacks must've gotten damaged along the chain of ownership and needed to be reflowed. go figure a rookie mistake is the culprit and I am thankful that's all it is. Thanks for your help everyone. I appreciate your time and effort!

my final question; is there a way to get audio through hdmi or is RCA/JAMMA the only way? Did i mess up the AV and Im supposed to have sound through hdmi?

Last edited:
@RGB it's fine that it's delayed (last we heard was June...), but would really appreciate a new ETA. It's useful for my budgeting.

It's a simple thing to put together, with the PCB and parts list freely available. No need to wait for RGB, DIY or organise a group buy / assembly service within your country.

I'd gladly assemble a batch for people in Australia. Happy to do so for cost of parts and a nominal fee.

I already registered my interest for 4 of these with kick harnesses ages ago. I don't want to be flaky because I hate it when other people are flaky to me...

However... @Frank_fjs, that sounds really good, I can easily solder something like this but I don't have any experience ordering PCBs and parts and so on so would happily pay you for htat, I don't have any crimping tools or experience though. (Let's take this to another thread?)

I'm with you. Let's start a new thread for an Aussie expression of interest / group buy. Establish interest, number of units required, parts sourcing and cost etc...

Back