What's new

Subaru

Beginner
Reaction score
are you able to change games on the taito type X3 if you the the hard drive and security dongle or are the boards locked to the certain game they are sold with im intrested in getting into the taito type x3 bit i have heard many different things

The hdd+dongle and fast io pci card+motherboard are "locked" to each other as it were. There are some hdd+dongles that can be swapped to a different motherboard+fast io IF the gameid is the same.

This is all based on information that has been shared publicly. There are a few people working on the x3 who may know more but has not been made public.

It's like fsckewe said. Some game/dongles are locked to motherboards, some aren't.

The safe bet at this point in time is to buy the entire X3 plus game and dongle that you're after in one shot. Don't try to piece together a kit or you're going to have a rough time.

would school of ragnarok be one that is locked i seen an lord of vermilion taito type x3 unit but idk if that would be locked either

They are all "locked." They are made to only work with the hdd+dongle they come with. You cannot swap hdds between systems.

i got the taito type x3 with lord of vermilion 4 and i keep getting stuck on this error when it tries to start the game i didn't know what else I needed for it to work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190215-105504_Translate.jpg
    Screenshot_20190215-105504_Translate.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 244
i got the taito type x3 with lord of vermilion 4 and i keep getting stuck on this error when it tries to start the game i didn't know what else I needed for it to work
Reasonably speaking , I believe you need the terminal unit and at least 1 satellite + all the io and touch screens

Back