What's new
Anyway @UrnHurrell did you get yours working with the 80gb drive?

If you did load it into windows you need to either clean the disk in diskpart or delete all partitions in the windows disk manager untility. That should leave it as an entirely unallocated drive, at which point chdman can do the rest.

Anyway @UrnHurrell did you get yours working with the 80gb drive?

If you did load it into windows you need to either clean the disk in diskpart or delete all partitions in the windows disk manager untility. That should leave it as an entirely unallocated drive, at which point chdman can do the rest.
I didn't yet, but I'll try all of this really soon. Thanks for all of the input. Regardless of whether it works, I think you got a lot of the trial and error out of the way

AOMEI Backupper would be the only software that would not break the MBR partition table under windows it looks. The system of Namco System 246/256 HDD is Sony Style as on the PS3 same principle .8)

To try with a copy on HDD :saint:

I just got my USB to IDE adapter in today and have Fate Ulimited Codes running from HDD... Here's as much detail about my process as I can think of:

I had a Western Digital 80GB drive laying around (WD800JB) it was formatted as a Windows XP main Drive.

I set the jumper to Master and hooked it up to my Win 7 PC using this adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0VKR6L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plugged the power and USB adapters into the drive first, then plugged the power adapter into the wall then the USB adapter into the PC last.

I extracted the HDD image from the CHD into an img file using this command:
Code:
chdman extractraw -i fateulc\fud-hdd0-a.chd -o fud-hdd0-a.img
Then I used Win32DiscImager to write that .img file to the Drive. Once the write was complete I unplugged the USB cable then unplugged power. (I did not attempt to view the drive continence in windows nor did I "eject" the drive)

I flashed my dongle to the "fateulc-fud1vera.bin" file. and the installed the drive and the dongle into my System246B and booted up

I'm running with a Sega JVS to JAMMA IO and 15KHz video mode but I don't think either of those should matter for this game.

I will say it took a VERY long time to boot. I got the start up beeps then about 30+ seconds of a black screen before I saw some "boot 01" text, then 30+ more seconds of black screen then a small "Init Sound" text in the lower right corner then another 30+ second of black screen before it started showing what you'd expect to see from other games booting.

So yeah... give it a few minutes before you write it off as not working.

Finally got a 16gb Compact Flash card in. Maybe it’s a fake, but it did take the image pretty quickly so I think it’s a good card. Regardless it didn’t boot up Fate/Codes using the CF to IDE adapter I’m used to using with midway Seattle boards. “CFDISK 5H” from 2004, PC Engines GmbH.

Honestly I wasn’t expecting it to work but I thought it might get to “Boot 02”. It just hung at black screen.

So far it seems like only an 80gb drive will do.

Back