What's new
I had this same problem but it failed around 86% - turned out to be a failed motherboard.

I had this same problem but it failed around 86% - turned out to be a failed motherboard.
when your mobo failed, you sent able to write other games? Or similar problem like me, can't write 4th strike?

Would a solution be , try and get another clean mobo and just transfer cart and simms over ?

I couldn't write any game. Failed at the same place every time

So, upon further inspection and tests, I have determined it is the cd drive.

Here are some things I tried to figure it out:
  • Turn up voltage on power supply, my thinking was that the cd drive wasn't getting enough juice to keep on while it was rewriting.
  • Tries writing other cps3 games before writing 4th strike. ( tried this with all cps3 games, about 10 times overall)
  • Tried using my friends blast city cab, thinking maybe my power supply or something was up.
  • Final thing was to try using his CD drive in replace to mine. It ended up working and loading fine.
The reason for this order of trial and error was simply because of my work schedule and time. I want able to go to my friends house and try out his cd drive until a week or two later.

Thanks to all that replied and gave a input towards this problem!

Last edited:
Back