What's new

arcadeaction

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, a friend is receiving the following symptoms after attempting to install his CPS2 multi kit.

He says the Darksoft kit is clearly coming on (he gets the green light on the board) and the SD card is reading (he can actually scan through the roms on the SD Cart and get a game to flash into the memory. He just cannot get anything to display on the screen. The screen is completely grey and he can't get it to coin up or make any noise either.

As soon as he puts in a known working B Board back on the A Board the game boots and plays fine.

Does anyone have suggestions? Is his B Board that he is installing the kit on perhaps faulty? Or might there be another issue with the kit perhaps?

Thanks for your thoughts

Could be several things as this indicates the program isn't being read.

Program rom pcb not on securely
Interconnect pcb on backwards
Bad SD card or files

Or if the keywriting wires aren't installed you need to use the decrypted romsets.

Following along now … thanks to Scott for posting my issue.

I think I installed everything correctly as I watched the Mitsurugi-W video on YouTube and followed the instructions step by step, but I'll go back and do it again just to make sure everything is correct.

I think there is a possibly that the small interconnect board that attaches the two Darksoft boards together might not be correct.

Steve
MM

Back