What's new

nonosto

Champion
Reaction score
Hello I have a very nice CPS3 board with superbios installed nd SCSI2SD. I would like to improve some of thing.

img_2123.jpg

So I would like find in 3d print a catridge large enough for this CPS3 security cart with this battery support (Darksoft said me dont remove it).
I would like too buy a new cable. Ultra ATA run and improve speed? What's cable advise me.

Can I remove it and change for a new (same in CPS2 board):

img_2125.jpg

Where can I find this part (only white protection)

img_2126.jpg

Last thing I see lot of little soldering cable and a little chip. What's this?
img_2127.jpg
img_2129.jpg

THX

Those cables are last minute fixes done on factory. Nothing wrong with them.

About the cable, it's a 60 pin SCSI cable. Not ATA.

About the plastic parts, it's hard to say. I'm not sure where you can find one.

THX I will try to clean it. After a quick search I dont find 60 pin SCSI....do you know where can I find it please?

If you have the superbios installed do you still need the battery? what is that extra bit on the back of your cart?

Regarding replacement cases there is the 3D printed one with battery support courtesy of @twistedsymphony

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1690059

Can I remove it and change for a new (same in CPS2 board):

img_2125.jpg
Are you referring to the RCA headers? I just had a quick look but I see the CPS2 uses two separate headers, well they don't have the plastic cover over them both, the pin configuration is standard on them so if you find something to your taste that fits then yeah you could change them. For example

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/200...s-2P-Socket-White-Red-Colors/32577230177.html

I realise you don't want 200 but they would fit but then is there a particular reason you want to change them? I suppose some nice gold plated ones wouldn't go amiss.

THX all. darksoft said me I can remove it but I must leave cable. So I am affraid about burn it...
img_2102.jpg

that's a D. You can remove the cables and the battery socket if you want.

One question, for decrease flash time is it possible to use ultra ATA 133 cable? So one buddy clean my catridge:

img_2155.jpg

img_2154.jpg

You can not change write time at the moment. The speed is due to bad programming on Capcom side. There is work being done to clean up the code by other but it's not priority.

Back