What's new

Which collections would you'd love to see on FULLSET first?

• Capcom Classics

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Capcom CPS1, CPS2, CPS3

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Cave

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Irem Classics

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Namco

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Sega Naomi

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Sega Classics

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Sega ST-V

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • SNK Neo Geo

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Taito Classics

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Taito Type X

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other (home consoles systems, handhelds, ...)

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
Thanks everyone for your awesome feedback!

I pushed out a smaller update to make got/want/sell toggling a bit smoother. There are also some smaller, cosmetic updates :)

I'll cleanup the Neo Geo collection tomorrow and add missing images to that as well as to Cave and the CPS collections.

Now to your questions...

^^ Great ideas! Also, I haven't tested this yet, but is there a way to add the date when you bought it and how much you paid? Good for keeping historic information. Also the ability to add more than one copy of the same game.
@xtrasmiley At the moment quantity and price meta data is on the list of ideas, but will rather be something further down the track. For now you can put prices into the description (public) or notes (private) of an item if it's your own collection.

So yeah, right now the only thing I'm doing is matching sellers with potential buyers and they hopefully take it from there via the inbuilt chat. (which generally works but is still missing push notifications and some reliability work.. pleasebear with me :))
Would there be a selectable sub-category? Like say "Conversion", "Bootleg", "Version" or is it going to be only for the OG carts/PCBs? It might help people transacting decide on what they might be getting.

Also, would you for the collections have guides on what type of photos are required? For example NG collectors want the bare PCB photos, not sure about the others.
@suverman Similar to the answer above, not planned but for now you can at least add a hint to your own collection... which yeah, doesn't make much sense because it defeats the buyer matching purpose... I'll give it some thought how a lightweight version of custom fields could look like.

As for the photos or general media. I'm planning to add guides for people that create collections.. I might also add a minimum of items (and photos coverage) before you can make something public. You can see it will be useful today already :) That being said, I plan to add more media to the items, including (bare) PCB shots and gameplay.
Tried it, and just some feedback to take or leave since I don’t think I’m the target user (I collect multis and only stray pcbs if they aren’t on multis, not full sets)

I compare to Discogs and KLOV as similar list-keeping-sites, currently. They both let me find the canonical example of the “thing” and add it to my “collection”. If it’s missing from their database, they have a process to add it (though KLOV sucks at this part...). I swam threw some collections and added some items, but didn’t see a button for the “everything I own” view, which is most useful to me.

For example, I too have a DS cps2 multi, and there a) is no canonical version and b) even though I said I “got” one off someone else’s collection, I don’t see it in a “my stuff” view anywhere.

So it seems good to keep track if you’re hunting one of every e.g. MVS cart, but not useful if I want to see or share a full list of what I have. Maybe I missed this aspect, I did only hunt for a few minutes.
@ekorz Having a way to contribute changes/additions to existing collection makes a whole lotta sense. For now this is happening rather manual by people hitting the feedback button under profile. Doesn't scale to well ;)

And yes, adding existing items to your own collections and/or having a view on everything you marked as got/want/sell makes a whole lotta sense. I'll let you know as soon as I found some time to tackle that.
uh, bid? make an offer? see the pics?
@xtrasmiley You look into matches and reach out via an inbuilt chat for now :)
Let me know if you need help with desuicide, good timing with the InfiniKey Kabuki on the way!

Also, is that a blue Progear??! Is that a conversion?!
@xodaraP Thanks mate! CPS 1.5 boards are phoenixed. CPS2 have rather fresh batteries, but I have two InfiniKeys here just in case :)

Good catch, Progear is indeed the only conversion here.

More soon!

Hey @xtrasmiley, thanks for the bump! After working on this in my evening hours for almost a year, I paused work on this for a bit to venture on some other things (Gameboy and Neo Geo development, gaming furniture, MiSTer handheld ). I plan to resume efforts on this soon though, but also think about pivoting a bit in terms of focus. There doesn't seem to be enough demand on what the app provides today, so I was thinking about trying out some other features and see what sticks, like game backlog/progress tracking, notes taking, etc. Still all building on top of a greatly curated catalog of games and stuff.

What are the top 3 features/improvements you and others are missing at the moment?

Well, I never got to d/l and test it (links dead), but I need a good cataloging app for arcade PCBs.

Right now I use GAMEYE which is great, but doesn't allow user photos, date's purchased, and some other small things. Also, it is more geared toward console games (box, instructions, etc) although it works great for what it is.

I think if you were able to actually get all your features working, it would still be awesome but the average person probably will still sell/buy on eBay and fB and KLOV, so I get what you mean.

Either way, good luck man, I like the way you were headed!

Hey everyone!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who did take the app for a spin and/or provided feedback in the past. It really helped settling on the initial direction and features.

That being said, I'm happy to announce that I finally was able to invest some time into the apps development again over the last couple of nights, with some changes rolling out soon.

There will be a slight shift in strategy for now tho, mainly when it comes to the available features of the app:

- The app focus will be on curated, arcade-only collections, starting with just a handful of collections (CAVE, Raizing, TOAPLAN & Neo Geo) ...
- Creation of personal collections / items has been removed.
- There will be both, iOS & Android versions early on.

The reduced scope will also help me to actually being able to keep investing some time into the app over time, especially with my other projects going on that will still have to take priority for most of the year.

More soon!

Hey ya!

Getting closer to a first release on the App Store, just some chore left for iOS.. a bit more work on Android, most of that cosmetics :)

There are a couple of games offered by users (including but not limited to myself) and there were even already matches between buyers and sellers.. Hooray it works!?

Recent changes:

- Chat functionality stabilised
- You can now update your username
- No need to re-login every 2 hours (PKCE + refreshTokens = boom!)

Stats:

- Most "wanted" games by users: Battle Garegga (4) + Armed Police Batrider (4)
- Most "owned" gamed by users: King Of Fighters '97 (6)

Cheers,

CF

P.S. If you don't see a v0.42.0 or higher on the profile screen you didn't get the latest OTA yet. Just kill the app, open and check it again :)

The Android version is ready and currently awaiting approval from Google to get on Play.

Their current review times are 7 days or longer because of COVID-19, but I actually already submitted a few days ago.. so should be there rather soon.

You can give the final version a go via the Expo app tho: https://trello.com/c/EeWUDecl/14-download-fullset-app-alpha

Saw quite a bunch of people signing up this weekend and making their ticks across the different collection.. Sweet!

I would just love to get at bit more feedback from what users like and dislike to set priorities going forward :)

@CoinFeeder Just started playing with the app. One initial feedback are a couple UI things.

1) First the Images for the Sets on the Discovery Tab are really large. I am using my phone and basically I have to scroll for each one; IGS, Cave, CPS, CPS1, CPS2. You already have the text and then the image is duplicative. I just think there could be a more user friendly way to interact with this page. And it is the first the user will likely experience so you want it to be a good experience.

2) Second, you have to follow a set to see it in your collections. To me that seems like a bug, but may be the intent. But to me, anything that I flag as owned should be in my collection and I shouldn't have to say follow. Also, I am not clear what follow does from a functional standpoint. If I follow a set/maker like TOAPLAN but have no games marked owned, what does it do?

1) First the Images for the Sets on the Discovery Tab are really large. I am using my phone and basically I have to scroll for each one; IGS, Cave, CPS, CPS1, CPS2. You already have the text and then the image is duplicative. I just think there could be a more user friendly way to interact with this page. And it is the first the user will likely experience so you want it to be a good experience.

2) Second, you have to follow a set to see it in your collections. To me that seems like a bug, but may be the intent. But to me, anything that I flag as owned should be in my collection and I shouldn't have to say follow. Also, I am not clear what follow does from a functional standpoint. If I follow a set/maker like TOAPLAN but have no games marked owned, what does it do?
Thanks mate, great feedback!

1) I'll re-add a function that allows you to hide the big covers in the collections overview screen (discover/collections).
2) I'm happy to look into implicitly following collections as soon as you mark an item. the idea of having the follow (or pin) function is to have a filtered view with all collections you're actually interest, not all the dozens of collections we'll have soon.

Let me know if that sounds feasible ways to improve things to you :)

Last edited:
I think that would work for both...

1) basically a view option; large or small
2) Have a toggle or view/filter for the collections tab; between your collection (marked owned) and your interest collection (collections marked by follow)

Back