What's new

gozaimas

Beginner
Reaction score
Are there any FAQs/ instructions on how to jury-rig a Nesica game to run on the TTX2 Multi at the moment?

I appreciate that there is no 'official' support while new Nesica 1 games are still trickling out, but I know that it's supposed to be a fairly straightforward job to make one of the games run on Niko's multi.

I'm using the same folder structure as with the TTX games (i.e. 'Game_name' folder, with all the game files + .exe and a 'TypeXmulti' folder with a config.ini inside) but currently no dice.

I know that, to run Nesica games on a standard PC, you need to add additional files, which the TypeXtra programme can help with. Should doing that work with the TTX2 system as well?

I'm only really interested in getting 3rd Strike to work at the moment, so I don't have to swap boards every time I want to switch between 3 and 4. Would be amazing if I could get this in my set-up.

Reactions: nio
While i cannot answer this question fully due to well, Reasons I can tell you this typextra dose nothing emulation wise, and uses other tools such as jconfig, so basically its a cover for other peoples work, and i dont know why people use it. why use something outdated (since new versions of the mentioned software get released fairly commonly), most likely to the source

And the Io emulators, like jconfig, are not going to work because the only thing they are doing is pretending to be an Io, in this case a fast io. and they map a joystick/keyboard to a fast io.

Id also like to mention the NxL version of street fighter when running on a real x2 is not a very desire-able play experience, Common complaints of the Japanese players are the input delay and overall sluggishness of it beacuse it was built on the Capcoms Re5 engine , it pretty much is super unoptimized. granted these complaints are only form die hard street fighter fans and the avg novice player wouldn't notice it, but if you where to inject a frame-counter you can see it dips often to 59 fps

so funny enough the game plays well the way it was intended when you use a faster pc to run it.

Last edited:
I assume people use the Typextra programme for its basic ease of use. It saves hunting around for the various tools and updates, and for people like me who aren't especially knowledgeable about the software side of how this stuff works, or where exactly to find the latest files etc, it provides a one click solution...

Thanks for the pointers re: the Nesica version of 3rd Strike. I guessed it wouldn't be perfect, but I'm really just looking to get it up and running for practice play, and the general convenience of not having to unplug the TTX2, hook up a jammifier and plug in a different board would be worth the occasional dropped frame for me.

Re: the IO emulators, are you saying I wouldn't need these as I'm using an actual JVS TTX2 IO? i.e. the 'config.ini' file will be enough?

I assume people use the Typextra programme for its basic ease of use. It saves hunting around for the various tools and updates, and for people like me who aren't especially knowledgeable about the software side of how this stuff works, or where exactly to find the latest files etc, it provides a one click solution...

Thanks for the pointers re: the Nesica version of 3rd Strike. I guessed it wouldn't be perfect, but I'm really just looking to get it up and running for practice play, and the general convenience of not having to unplug the TTX2, hook up a jammifier and plug in a different board would be worth the occasional dropped frame for me.

Re: the IO emulators, are you saying I wouldn't need these as I'm using an actual JVS TTX2 IO? i.e. the 'config.ini' file will be enough?
You're going to need a FastIO DMAC for the TTX2 and a FastIO PCB to play NESiCA titles, nearly all of them only use FastIO. The DMAC is pretty much never for sale on its own so you're going to need to find a TTX2 on YAJ or somewhere else that has it installed. There are various PCBs for the cabinet you can use, I'm using a FastIO PCB that has a JAMMA connector connecting it to my New Net City with a Jammafier.

The config.ini file is if you're using FastIO and and to play JVS games that don't support it so that the game will run with FastIO to JVS instead.

It took me a while to get the nuances figured out with a friend helping me troubleshoot yesterday but it's still not 100% functional (some games aren't working). FastIO is definitely a bit of a PITA to get working.

Ah, thanks so much for the information. That's incredibly helpful. Do you think there might be a time in the future when these games will run on a TTX2 without the additional hardware (i.e. via software tweaks)?

Ah, thanks so much for the information. That's incredibly helpful. Do you think there might be a time in the future when these games will run on a TTX2 without the additional hardware (i.e. via software tweaks)?
When Taito discontinues the NESiCAxLive1 service Niko will release a new multi with FastIO emulation support.

Jconfig, is 100% drag and drop, i think people who think thats 2 hard, should prob find another hobby

Far as point 2, since you okay with playing games in a multi like this why not use a gaming pc, hook it into the cab, play every TTX,Nesica Ringedge/ Ringedge2 game Ect along with SFV and steam games.
Your computer fundamentally isnt going to run these games any better or worse, there all framelocked to 60 fps the main difference is emulated jvs, is faster then real jvs inputwise cuz real jvs is very slow, but fast io is faster then the emulation by a decent ammout just due to how it works

Back