What's new

tiff_lee

Grand Master
Reaction score
Ok so putting this in the 246/256 since this is as close as we got to a dedicated Namco sub forum (supposed to the specific platform 246/256).

Any guys here done any work on the 359/369 platform regarding custom firmware and the like, information seems to be thin on the ground apart from this thread I see on assemblergames (is this platform still largely in use? in which case i'd understand why)

https://assemblergames.com/threads/namco-system-359.51712/

Also, does anyone have any insight into the 359 vs 369 naming convention?

Yeah I think the reason it wasn't made public is because the firmware hacks were/are being sold for $400 (might of been euros) per game!

Yeah i'm surprised there isn't more info given that this was PS3 based and the hacks for that are well documented.

@tiff_lee If you ever see a namco 359, please let me know. I've never seen one, only 357.

Those systems are still supported by Namco. They do repairs, the cabinets are being used and therefore information about how to convert games, etc. will not be allowed here. I've personally seen only games that removed the need for dongle or specific HDD serial number. Nothing more. And obviously not at $400 per game, more on the $200 side. and there is no new Firmware that I'm aware of, never heard of that.

@tiff_lee If you ever see a namco 359, please let me know. I've never seen one, only 357.

Those systems are still supported by Namco. They do repairs, the cabinets are being used and therefore information about how to convert games, etc. will not be allowed here. I've personally seen only games that removed the need for dongle or specific HDD serial number. Nothing more. And obviously not at $400 per game, more on the $200 side. and there is no new Firmware that I'm aware of, never heard of that.
I understand what you're trying to say but being used? Maybe in poor arcades that couldn't afford to upgrade? No one is playing Gundam Maxiboost or Tekken Tag 2 anymore since the move to ES3.

In any case, I hope when the hardware and the games start becoming available in a few years and Namco have fully moved on that rule will expire :)

Firmware, iirc there are photos in that thread from the other forum.

Those systems are still supported by Namco. They do repairs, the cabinets are being used and therefore information about how to convert games, etc. will not be allowed here.
Yeah no problem with that, as per my OP I figured them being in use still was the reason.

Will keep an eye out but the 359/369 was ££££
No one is playing Gundam Maxiboost or Tekken Tag 2 anymore
Fair point but it does make you wonder where have all the used units gone? looking at yahoo Japan plenty of TTX2 etc but couldn't see any of these.

Would anyone happen to have a "spare" set of security dongles for TTT2U? I have the 369 system, good to go but missing the security dongles ;( ;( ;(

Moderated.

Attachments

• IMG_2058.jpg
    IMG_2058.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,232
  • IMG_2059.jpg
    IMG_2059.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2060.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 600
  • 569px-Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2_Unlimited_(dongles).JPG
    569px-Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2_Unlimited_(dongles).JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_2061.jpg
    IMG_2061.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 668
Is it as simple as just 'adding' a dongle? surely there is some kind of pairing between the 369/HDD/dongle?

Is it as simple as just 'adding' a dongle? surely there is some kind of pairing between the 369/HDD/dongle?
I’d love to know before I find/purchase them. Had this system for a while collecting dust. Would be great to get it running.

It doesn't just use any old dongle for the security dongle. I'm pretty sure you can plug in any usb drive to be used as a replacement memory dongle though.

Would anyone happen to have a "spare" set of security dongles for TTT2U? I have the 369 system, good to go but missing the security dongles ;( ;( ;(

Moderated.
That seems Live Monitor PCB not GAME PCB, even you have the dongles you can't play the game. You may need full hdd and dongle replacement.

Moderated.
That seems Live Monitor PCB not GAME PCB, even you have the dongles you can't play the game. You may need full hdd and dongle replacement.
Yep, just read and realized that! God Dammit lol..

So anyone got a HDD and dongle to part with???

Chiming in to mention my vested interest, mainly getting around any network lockouts. I'm currently sitting on 4 Dragonball Zenkai Battles I can't really do anything with, and later down the line might want one or two other games on the system.

Chiming in to mention my vested interest, mainly getting around any network lockouts. I'm currently sitting on 4 Dragonball Zenkai Battles I can't really do anything with, and later down the line might want one or two other games on the system.
Yep, kinda in a bind atm with this system. If I tried really hard and spent lots of money I'm sure I could get a set of 4 for Gundam Maxi Boost, but there's all this bs like network lockout in the way and they would just be expensive paperweights.

Also Namco hasn't even ported it... They ported a previous version but it doesn't even have proper LAN support. Really hoping somewhere down the track this stuff can be properly shared, otherwise it's going to be lost.

Same for me. Dragonball Zenkai never got ported either.

Moderated.
Got mine sorted, someone hooked me up with a cracked version of TTT2U hard drive in replace of my LIVE MONITOR version. So no USB key needed - Works perfectly :D :D

Attachments

• IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 809
Awesome! :)

Hopefully the same sort of thing can be done in the future for other titles.

Moderated.
Got mine sorted, someone hooked me up with a cracked version of TTT2U hard drive in replace of my LIVE MONITOR version. So no USB key needed - Works perfectly :D :D
Looks great, need to get a marquee holder for mine
Awesome! :)

Hopefully the same sort of thing can be done in the future for other titles.
Well lets be honest, it's already been done for all titles just the information/hacks aren't public

Back