What's new
Given it's possible to buy NOS CPS-B-21 chips, have you thought of including it in your design. This way you could have one unique design with keyed connectors that fits all configurations.
Lol, definitely crossed my mind when I was ordering B21's a couple weeks ago for C-board repairs. It would be ideal, actually. Added to my never ending project list :)
-ud

Can someone PM me the link to the C board customs? My Google fu is failing me :(

If there is still a need to test a Willow board, I've started working on one with some graphical strangeness. It was implied in the thread over here that a CPS1 Infinikey may be the answer. I'll be dumping and verifying that the ROMs aren't corrupt this evening. Beyond that, it seems that the next thing to look at may be the C board.

Can someone PM me the link to the C board customs? My Google fu is failing me :(
http://arcadehacker.blogspot.com/2018/12/capcom-cps1-b21-chips-in-wild.html
If there is still a need to test a Willow board, I've started working on one with some graphical strangeness. It was implied in the thread over here that a CPS1 Infinikey may be the answer. I'll be dumping and verifying that the ROMs aren't corrupt this evening. Beyond that, it seems that the next thing to look at may be the C board.
Very likely an issue similar to mine, I now have two B03 C boards which are both faulty, and using a B-21 injected with B-03 keys with ud's infinikey has been confirmed to work as a replacement.

That's good to hear - hopefully we can get our hands on these sooner than later!

Hi!
Interested in the project. Would be amazing a infinikey that could make work a cps1 with b-xx custom dead.

Awesome project !
Was already a big fan of your work with the CPS2 infinikey !
So count me in :D

Be wary of ordering B-21s through UTsource. I placed an order for a couple a few months back and never received anything. I inquired through all means of communication possible and never received a response or acknowledgment. In the end, Paypal refunded the purchase after dispute. Just my 2 cents

I hope it's okay to 'hijack' this thread with a related question ........... I have a faulty Final Fight C-board (US version, chip version: CPS-B-05 DL-0411-10006) - I also have a working C-board from a Captain Commando (CPS-B-21 DL-0921-10014) that has had the usual wire mod applied so no battery is used).

The CPS chip on the Final Fight board is faulty in the sense that graphics corruption occurs as it warms up.

Is there any way that I could use the Captain Commando C-Board on the Final Fight ROM board with the CPS1 Infinikey?

I notice that on page 2 of this thread a Captain Commando C-board is used to run Final Fight B-04

Is there any way that I could use the Captain Commando C-Board on the Final Fight ROM board with the CPS1 Infinikey?
I notice that on page 2 of this thread a Captain Commando C-board is used to run Final Fight B-04
Yes. It will allow you to inject the B-05 keys on the B-21, making it behave like a B-05.

I don't think they're available yet - Undamned is usually pretty good about letting everyone know when his products are available.

I'm chomping at the bit for a couple of them as well - it will be worth the wait to resurrect a couple boards I've got!

I'm planning on a getting a couple of these. Once they're available i'll put out the feelers to see how many other UK based people are interested and maybe do a group buy.

Sorry guys, my ordering schedule got pretty mucked up after loosing that big USB Decoder shipment, so I'm trying to regroup. I'll try to post a better ETA in a week or so.
-ud

Thanks, Im gonna probably need like 10-15 of these easy.

Do you also happen to have a batteryless solution for the Pang/Super Pang pcbs?

Do you also happen to have a batteryless solution for the Pang/Super Pang pcbs?
He dose! The Kabuki Infini Key.
This is mine...
nSUu5O2.jpg

I'd show you a pic of it all installed, but its so well designed its almost invisible (only adds maybe 1mm to the chip height)!
Once it was installed I snipped my battery clean off, everything still working awesomely.

Back