What's new
New to the forums and new to Arcades.
I have a Captain Commando that I hadn't turned on in a couple years (long story).
Now it is dead. I plugged in another board and the display came up and worked so I am pretty sure its a suicide.

How can I verify it is the dang battery?
Where can I order the (or when) the CPS-1 infikey.

Thanks JC (aka Neo-Rules)

Multimeter on the battery to read the voltage, if the battery is dead, board is suicided

The last update on availability was UD will have something to announce in the next week or so.

Last edited:
This is incredible! Are we waiting for these to become available? If so can I preorder some?

It looks like the CPS1 and CPS1.5 versions require no soldering/mods but the CPS2 version does?

Last edited:
It looks like the CPS1 and CPS1.5 versions require no soldering/mods but the CPS2 version does?
I believe this is correct, I can confirm for the Kabuki Z80 anyway... I have the Infinity key on my Super Buster Bros.
nSUu5O2.jpg

100% P'nP, set the dips, pull the OG chip, install, replace Z80 on top.

Yep - the longer we wait, the more faulty CPS1 boards I've collected. I'm up to needing three!

If a board has already been modded, will it still work with this? I need one for KoD, Wonder 3, KotR and Captain Commando. CC already had the board modded but did not have the ROMs changed, still has the battery from memory. Wonder 3 was missing the f'ing B-21 chip!! I am getting another W3 board though. Thought about buying a B-21 board off twatbay marked as faulty, but I figure it's a bit of a crapshoot to get a working B-21 chip and not have it be something else on the board. Shame it can't be a complete replacement to the damn C board!

Hello! Any update on this amazing development? My CPS 1.5 boards are waiting :)
Hi, any progress on this project??
Parts for a small run have been sent to my assembler, but no ETA as corona virus fun is underway. Small run is because this is the first time having someone else produce them (I hand built original dozen or so) and I didn't want to risk having a pile of them made wrong. Once first articles are proven, I can comfortably pull the trigger on large qty.

If a board has already been modded, will it still work with this? I need one for KoD, Wonder 3, KotR and Captain Commando. CC already had the board modded but did not have the ROMs changed, still has the battery from memory. Wonder 3 was missing the f'ing B-21 chip!! I am getting another W3 board though. Thought about buying a B-21 board off twatbay marked as faulty, but I figure it's a bit of a crapshoot to get a working B-21 chip and not have it be something else on the board. Shame it can't be a complete replacement to the damn C board!
Yeah, if you revert the C-board mod on your Captain Commando and are sure the ROMs are unchanged, it should work fine (well, provided nothing else is damaged on the boardset).
-ud

Does the cut trace on the C board matter? The answer is obvious, but just want to ask to make sure. Taking off the wire and unbridging the 2 pins on the B-21 is easy enough, it is the cut trace that worries me. I would not be able to fix such teeney-tiny traces. The ROMs are 100% legit originals. The board boots but stops working at the title screen.

Does the cut trace on the C board matter? The answer is obvious, but just want to ask to make sure. Taking off the wire and unbridging the 2 pins on the B-21 is easy enough, it is the cut trace that worries me. I would not be able to fix such teeney-tiny traces. The ROMs are 100% legit originals. The board boots but stops working at the title screen.
AFAIK you can simply bridge the already two-pins-bridged to the pin next to the right to set it in the same condition as one untouched.
Obviously you need to remove the wire to the +5V before doing that.

AFAIK you can simply bridge the already two-pins-bridged to the pin next to the right to set it in the same condition as one untouched.Obviously you need to remove the wire to the +5V before doing that.
Perfect, that is much better than I thought it would be. Thanks!

Can anyone please help me I would like to buy a Cps1.5 Street fighter 2 game preferably turbo I bought a Capcom Cps changer but it has no game.
Cheers.

Can anyone please help me I would like to buy a Cps1.5 Street fighter 2 game preferably turbo I bought a Capcom Cps changer but it has no game.
Cheers.
A CPS Changer is the home version of CPS games. Do you mean you need a game for that, or did you buy a CPS2 motherboard? CPS 1.5 usually refers to the 5 games (Punisher, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, WoF 2, Muscle Bomber, Muscle Bomber Duo) that came out for it, but I can also see if you mean the few releases CPS1 home games.

Cheers.
A CPS Changer is the home version of CPS games. Do you mean you need a game for that, or did you buy a CPS2 motherboard? CPS 1.5 usually refers to the 5 games (Punisher, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, WoF 2, Muscle Bomber, Muscle Bomber Duo) that came out for it, but I can also see if you mean the few releases CPS1 home games.
CPS changer can play other JAMMA games, so it makes sense to want to play CPS1.5, which uses basically the same case as CPS Changer games.

@Snarf78 try the "Wanted" section of the market place. This is thread is not the place.
-ud

Got a batch of boards from my assembler and discovered that the dip switches I chose did not fare well. Discolored during the soldering process and some not functioning reliably. Must have been a really low quality switch to begin with. I've changed switch manufacturers and will have another batch of boards made.

COVID-19 stuff seems to have lifted to some degree in Shenzhen, so I think it should only take about a month to get another batch made.
-ud

Back