What's new

undamned

Multi Baez
Champion
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
InfiniKey-KABUKI will handle both dedicated PCBs and Q-Sound (aka CPS Dash, CPS 1.5) audio boards.

Dedicated KABUKI games:

Adventure Quiz 2 Hatena ? no Dai-Bouken
Block Block
Capcom Baseball
Capcom World
Dokaben
Mahjong Gakuen 2 Gakuen-chou no Fukushuu
Pang / Pomping World / Buster Bros [TESTED]
Poker Ladies [TESTED]
Quiz Sangokushi [TESTED]
Quiz Tonosama no Yabou
Super Marukin-Ban
Super Pang / Super Buster Bros [TESTED]
[NOTE: Many include "Dokaben 2" and "Ashita Tenki ni Naare" in this family, but they are actually undumped/unverified.]

Q-Sound games that have both C and audio board encryption (yes, double suicide action):

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Muscle Bomber / Saturday Night Slam Masters [TESTED]
Muscle Bomber Duo
Punisher [TESTED]
Tenchi wo Kurau II / Warriors of Fate [TESTED]

Installation:

1. Remove dead battery and find switch code that matches your EPROM name

irGKyWCl.jpg

2. Remove Kabuki chip, insert InfiniKey, and set switch code

Fs5b47Cl.jpg

3. Insert Kabuki chip into Infinikey socket

mtetQLRl.jpg

-ud

Last edited:
I already posted in your other thread, but YES, this is awesome!

I need that Super Pang/Super Buster Bros. key!
Absolutely count on me to order at least one.

Paging @archimage I know you have a Pang/will prob want this.

Nice! My Punisher and Warriors of Fate boards are waiting for it! :D

Nice one @undamned :thumbup:
Doing a single "Live" battery swap is never fun, let alone the dual CPS1.5 dual battery. This will be great for people wishing to remove their batteries for storage (and playing!) purposes, as well as being a safety net for people wanting to change their batteries who are a bit nervous about messing up the process.

I haven't replaced a battery on a CPS1.5 on a working board, makes sense it needs to be done while is powered on though.

I think I'd just let it suicide and fix it after I replace the battery. Though the Kabuki is a NIGHTMARE to desuicide.

I think I'd just let it suicide and fix it after I replace the battery. Though the Kabuki is a NIGHTMARE to desuicide.
I wouldn't say nightmare, but certainly more involved than CPS1/2. What I found a nightmare was reversing a board that had the Dead Battery Society mod and pulling my hair out because I was somehow using the wrong EPROM files. When it doesn't work, you don't know if it's your Arduino setup, your EPROMs, or some other failure on the main PCB.
-ud

It's just difficult getting the Kabuki back into the socket while also keeping it connected to the Arduino is all. That and no matter what power supply I use sometimes it just resets continually before eventually completing

The other day when I desuicided one, it worked straight away, the second one I had horrible difficulty getting it in while still connected and when I finally did...... I'd forgotten to install the battery :cursing:

It's just difficult getting the Kabuki back into the socket while also keeping it connected to the Arduino is all. That and no matter what power supply I use sometimes it just resets continually before eventually completing

The other day when I desuicided one, it worked straight away, the second one I had horrible difficulty getting it in while still connected and when I finally did...... I'd forgotten to install the battery :cursing:
Yeah, the process is definitely more fiddly than CPS1/2. I was amazed that (once I got my EPROM sets sorted) I did 2 Super Pangs in a row, first try. I thought for sure I'd shorted out the RFRSH pin when disconnecting the clips.
-ud

Yeah if you get it seated properly (and have a battery installed) the first time it's not terribly difficult

The main problem is (as you found) you just get a black screen if the Kabuki is dead, which doesn't tell you if that's the issue, or the ROMs or something else :P

Back