Pinned Australian Roll Call / Registry / Deals Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1. xb74
      2. Qld
      3. No services to offer as such, except I can buy your Sega/NeoGeo/CPS2 gear when funds permit.
      4. Right now, not looking for anything but that changes in a heartbeat with this hobby.
      5. Nil website, though I have accounts under same username at NG.com and Aussie Arcade.
      Cab: Viper (refurb in progress 2020)
      PVM: Sony 2950Q
      Looking for:
      CPS2 - Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men COTA, Dimahoo, 19XX, SFA3, Vampire Hunter/Saviour 1 & 2
      AES carts (Jpn) - Contact me, I am probably interested.
      (US) - Dog Tag games.
    • Not mine, but there's a decent Namco Excelena up for grabs if you're in Melbourne:
      ebay.com.au/itm/NAMCO-ARCADE-8…ES-INSTALLED/254485669818

There's eBay coupons at the moment too, so you can also get 10% off.

Note: the monitor on this cab rotates the "old" way, so not a ideal cab if you want to play modern TATE games. Horizontal of course is no problem.
      Multis: CPS-1, CPS-2, CPS-3, F3, S16, ST-V, MVS, M72, G-Net, Naomi, TTX2
      PVMs: 2043MD, 20M2MDA, 20L2MD
      Devices: Sentinel Gold / Ultracade uVC / JAMMAizer! / XRGB-mini
      PCBs: VAPS Profile
    • They were in some warehouse down near
      Footscray. Speculation was they were all bought by one person. Djsheep’s post above made me think of them and I hadn’t seen them pop up anywhere.

I do like the built in drink holder in the exceleenas though. Better then the built in ashtrays the Chinese clones come with!

Thread from AA below with pics on page 2

aussiearcade.com/forum/trading…of-arcades-for-sale/page2
    • Likewise, not a fan. Same place had a few astros as well which were of interest to me. Ultimately thought it was a super shady 'negotiation' sort of setup where there was no indication of what they wanted. There were also some people suggesting that the title to the cabs might be in question, although I have no idea if that's right.

Tonjo is quite right, it was vic.

Here's the pic:

• Nimmers wrote:

Seems like everything in Sydney gets snapped up by the same few people pretty quick.
      I'm guilty of trying to snap something up as quick as I can... I got lucky with a recent purchase for 200 for an astro...

Not the greatest condition - probably the worst out of my two astros, but for 200 I couldn't really complain.

Dead chassis - which has been sent to Joey and a new CP will be required, so there's a few hundred more.

I don't "flip" though - I just have the argument with the mrs asking about where the hell it's going to fit :D
    • mR_CaESaR wrote:

Nimmers wrote:

Seems like everything in Sydney gets snapped up by the same few people pretty quick.
      I'm guilty of trying to snap something up as quick as I can... I got lucky with a recent purchase for 200 for an astro...
      Not the greatest condition - probably the worst out of my two astros, but for 200 I couldn't really complain.

Dead chassis - which has been sent to Joey and a new CP will be required, so there's a few hundred more.

I don't "flip" though - I just have the argument with the mrs asking about where the hell it's going to fit :D
      $200 for an Astro that needs a chassis refurb and a new CP is still a great deal.

The eternal struggle of arcade collecting "where am I going to put this?"
    • Yeah, honestly can't complain. Still not as cheap as the other one I got for 150 - same issue, vertical collapse and dodgy CP

The only reason I'm wanting a new CP is because I'm going to make it a head to head (or side to side) setup. Once I get some cash together, I'll be hitting Alberto up for 2x 1L6B panels.

If it wasn't for that, I'd easily just throw my blast 2L8B and call it a day.
    • I can't see them selling the OG Astro's for 1300 and the NAC's for 1500.

Even at the sale price of 900 and 1000, I still can't see it flying out the door.

Maybe at 600/800 respectively, people might become a little more tempted, but the fact that they're 110v means they still have to be converted to work in AU (or buy an external tranny), leads me to believe they won't be flying out the door.
    • Nimmers wrote:

This is a growing problem in the hobby it seems? It's not so bad up here in Brissy, but I can see it getting there sooner or later.

There's one user on these forums who seems to grab anything PCB wise that's decent or priced cheap, and multiples of sought after titles, which is pretty shite IMO, but people don't seem to care... My 2 cents, I would much rather get things into the hands of people that play or cherish them (not grippers, flippers, hoarders). Half my candy cabs came from @OsirusANZ who hooked me up with decent prices, probably knowing that I'll play them. I sold one of the Astro's I got from him to @buffaloj0e which had a chassis and PSU refurbed by Jomac and passed it on for what I paid. Nothing more satisfying than helping people achieve their goals or wants.

mR_CaESaR wrote:

(or buy an external tranny)
      No internal trannies down south mate? ;)

Frank_fjs wrote:

If anyone in Adelaide is interested I'll be selling my Astro City. Hate to see it go but I just don't have the space for it and I seldom use it.
      Hopefully someone in ADL is reading this and it goes to a good home! I know all the work and parts you've bought for that thing!

Dzhay wrote:

Agreed re the Highway units. They also have issues with the CPs in most cases, no information about burn in. Having said that, the prices have increasing pretty steadily at least in terms of what people are listing cabs at.
      Yup, wouldn't trust an auction or cab like that. That 240 Amusements mob is to be steered clear of too. But in saying that, Cabs are becoming scarce, and Japan is being pillaged of everything... sooner or later the prices for these things will reach ridiculous levels that we probably can't even fathom at the moment.
      Multis: CPS-1, CPS-2, CPS-3, F3, S16, ST-V, MVS, M72, G-Net, Naomi, TTX2
      PVMs: 2043MD, 20M2MDA, 20L2MD
      Devices: Sentinel Gold / Ultracade uVC / JAMMAizer! / XRGB-mini
      PCBs: VAPS Profile
    • djsheep wrote:

Nimmers wrote:

This is a growing problem in the hobby it seems? It's not so bad up here in Brissy, but I can see it getting there sooner or later.
      There's one user on these forums who seems to grab anything PCB wise that's decent or priced cheap, and multiples of sought after titles, which is pretty shite IMO, but people don't seem to care... My 2 cents, I would much rather get things into the hands of people that play or cherish them (not grippers, flippers, hoarders). Half my candy cabs came from @OsirusANZ who hooked me up with decent prices, probably knowing that I'll play them. I sold one of the Astro's I got from him to @buffaloj0e which had a chassis and PSU refurbed by Jomac and passed it on for what I paid. Nothing more satisfying than helping people achieve their goals or wants.

I need someone like you in Sydney to sell me something, I promise I'll play it - alot lol.