Also, I wonder if anyone has ever asked Capcom nicely if they have schematics after all this time they would be willing to open source?
Capcom didn't make them, Ricoh did. They have been x-ray scanned so there is a part code etc available
I doubt Capcom still has the schematics and if they did they definitely wouldn't give them away the other issue is whether they or Ricoh have the license to the device? Capcom branded it but did they design it or did Ricoh?
Realistically, say I was willing to sacrifice one. What would it take? Are there companies that have the equipment and would take on the job? I wonder if we could get a quote?
- faulty Hang-On, Space Harrier or Enduro Racer (2203 sound board)
- Sega Mega-CD 1 power board
- Super Nintendo CPU (3 needed)
"I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
1. SuperScore / SuperScore29
2. New South Wales
3. General help with anything really! Not a pro at board repairs.. also enjoy graphic design.
4. Empty/project cabinets (fighting, racing, rhythm), 29" 31KHz CRT & VGA chassis, Sega Chihiro parts/repair, literally anything to do with Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune!
5. Used to have a dedicated IG page for my projects / collection, may bring it back if there's interest. Got a YT channel by the same name lacking good content..
The post was edited 1 time, last by SuperScore29 ().
2. Victoria (Melbourne)
3. Don't have the skills in terms of offering any services LOL, but am open to trading some of my collection and what not
4. Looking mainly for CPS2 stuff as my name suggests (oh also looking for someone to install the CPS2 hdmi kit when thats avaliable), maybe Naomi
5. I have a twitter if anyone wants to follow me, just mainly fighting game/arcade stuff related > got into this hobby through fighting games pretty much
Cool to see so many Aussie's here, oh and Apocalypse who we can claim and crown an honorary Aussie like we do for all the
Working as the head Electronic Engineer at a Arcade doesn't give me much time to help others.
BUT i can if needed (if your local). I have my website project to have all IGS PGM high res PCB scans.
I do tech support for @buffaloj0e alot..
@djsheep Haven't seen you in ages!! How have you been??
D. (aka Tim.)
1. Username: raziel2001au (a.k.a. LiliumExtendedDJ2, due to the Lilium extended editions I made years ago when I was an Elfen Lied fan, well, I suppose I still am one, key learning from that, never put the word final into anything, since you're bound to make another version, then people are confused over which version is actually the final one).
2. Location (State): Queensland (Brisbane)
3. Services you can offer other members (repairs, sales, etc.): No f* clue. I'm into game development, and pretty much anything technical.
4. Things you're looking for? Like-minded friends, but in terms of arcade stuff: mainly looking for a replacement CPS2 motherboard. One of my sound channels blew. Seems to be something related to the chip itself as the configuration screen shows some weird glitches on the sound menu, which supports the possibility of it being a chip issue. Would really appreciate the help or repair if anyone can help.
5. Website links? Not exactly a web site, but I did this video at some point:
2. Melbourne, Victoria
3. Not much to offer… but I used to work for and service (tech) arcade machines for Hankin - Playtime Arcade centres here in Melbourne back in the good old days...
4. Got some but looking for original artwork, decals, for CPO’s, Egret 3 (SIDE CABINET ART) , New Net City etc… to scan for accurate reproduction and restoration
2. Brisbane QLD
3. Just a hobby so a master at nothing. Can play around with most things apart from PCBs.
4. At the moment I need a 9-10 inch crt for a replica half scale SI cab build
2. Melbourne, Victoria
3. I am an audio engineer and musician so I can help with any audio/music related things. I have done a fair bit of synthesiser building and modding over the years so can do some basic soldering stuff but not super knowledgeable about arcade work apart from making fight sticks.
4. A candy can for my cps3 would be a dream come true but trying to sort out a supergun if not possible
5. music stuff on my Instagram at Instagram.com/djdevant - probably the best way to get in touch with me if you need happy to give my Facebook to members I know personally (soz 4 the plug lmao)
1. corey or Al_Bundy
2. Moe, Victoria
3. PC based arcade magic. although i have very little time these days
4. Anything PC based arcade that is not konami,Cab:
Sega Blast City- DJSheep stole it!!!!
Hardware: TTX2, TTX3, Sega Ringedge and Steel Chronicles
G'day A-P peeps, I didn't want to start a new thread, but just posting on the forums for the first time after being away for the past month and a half.
I had some terrible things happen in succession to a family member that rendered me without any spare time whatsoever and a lot on my plate to deal with (more than I have ever had to thus far in life). The best news is that it's most likely all over with health, security and happiness restored back to normal by this coming Friday.
I just wanted to say "thanks" to the people on this forum that reached out to me in the real world to check up: @xodaraP, @Frank_fjs, @oneleaf86 and @OsirusANZ -- you're all top blokes. This experience really helped me to remember what is important in more ways than one.
Now I have to (hopefully) find some sort of head space and peace to once again enjoy gaming again after going through all this... the cabs haven't been fired up for nearly 2 months now, let's hope the love for it can be regained.
Looking forward to jumping back on here, catching up and contributing as usual. I missed ya'll!
Multis: CPS-1, CPS-2, CPS-3, F3, S16, ST-V, MVS, M72, Crystal System, G-Net, Naomi, TTX2
PVMs: 2043MD, 20M2MDA, 20L2MD
Devices: Sentinel Gold / Ultracade uVC / JAMMAizer! / Framemeister XRGB-mini
PCBs: VAPS Profile
The post was edited 1 time, last by djsheep ().
Welcome back mate!
Great to have you back man!
Good to see you back on your feet!