What's new
Just so people are aware, these are definitely Chinese Vewlix clones and not the real thing.

Nothing wrong with them, just to clarify for people going in as to not be disappointed just by going off the branding.

Thanks for the heads up though. Crazy how expensive they are for what they are. I imported very clean Vewlix cabs in the past and they were much cheaper landed.

Just be very wary of that guy. I'm sure he recently got booted out of a vewlix/chewlix FB group.

This was two years ago, and obviously there’s A LOT of work involved in getting a container here. I tried again late last year but it became too tricky paying up front for other peoples machines they wanted. So I cancelled my mission. I may revisit again depending on how this Covid-19 stuff pans out.

Just know that if you’re willing to put in the leg work, research and most importantly the money, you’ll get legit cabs of all types cheaper than knock offs. It helps greatly if you can speak/read/write 日本語 and understand basic Japanese business etiquette.

These are the only options i found for original Vewlix cabs.

- Highway has used Viewlix F in Japan for $2120aud + shipping. No way that gets landed for less than 3Kaud.
- Coinop has Viewlix L for 1200usd, say $1700aud + 600-1200usd shipping for single machine. At least 3k i'm going see this being once landed.
- Shadaloo has stock in Europe, but $2500aud for their cheapest model. + shipping, i can see around 3k-3.5k landed.
This is EXACTLY the reason why I went a pair of Chewlix's.

I got one for 1100 from marketplace and another brand new one at 1600.

Covid hasn't made importing any easier or cheaper and I think importing from Alibaba is going to be more expensive than when I imported many years ago.

We don't have KC's or Game Saru's here in AU so things come at a higher premium.

Yes, you can definitely get things much cheaper if you import a container, but the reality is, most of us mere mortals would never be able to do it without a large outlay and potentially even money loss.

keep a look out on marketplace for the games wizard cabs - but if you want a particular colour, then you don't really have much of an option.

I know there was a games wizard that recently went for sale for 800 in Sydney.

Yes, 100% chinese clones and not original machines!
Just so people are aware, these are definitely Chinese Vewlix clones and not the real thing.

Nothing wrong with them, just to clarify for people going in as to not be disappointed just by going off the branding.
Yeah I saw these on the Aussie FB arcade page as well - the person posted it didn't seem to have a lot of history but yeah at least there isn't some obligation to put money down to guarantee a machine (hopefully not).

Sucks its in Melbourne and also sucks I have no space.

I told him no one is going to send him money before the cabs arrive, he understood. He's bringing the container in regardless of that
ahh that's good. I thought people he wanted full fees prior to importing

That seller is also selling mushihimesama but looks like it had a vga port?

This port was only on Mushihimesama PCB’s which are Cave CV-1000B boards. It’s not a VGA connector, but a serial connector used for programming or updating at the factory.

You can get one from Tops/Sophia or YAJ for cheaper than that, I was just posting it because it was local.

LINK: https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=4098 (17,600 YEN / $230 AUD + POSTAGE)

You'll actually save money. The CF cards / adapter are easy to source but you make sure they are genuine 64MB Sandisk ones for maximum compatibility. Have had issues with other brands. If you need the modbios, I can send you mine or burn your own. It basically flashes on boot, remove the EPROM, and you're good to go.

Last edited:
I picked up an 80cm CRT three days ago, "hid" it in the kids room under some clothes/random stuff. We did a clean up and my partner was none the wiser, just remarking to me - "I must have totally forgot about this TV of yours".

"Yeah WOW, I must have forgotten about it too..."

True story.

I will try secreting a cab next time and report my results here to empower the rest of you to keep scooping up retro

Back