What's new
Brissy / QLD peeps, @buffaloj0e will be in town in two weeks time to pick up a cab (W/E of 20th July). Would be possibly cool to meet up with some of ya'll and head to Netherworld for some food, drinks and games: https://www.netherworldarcade.com/

@xodaraP and @tonjo had expressed interest in this thread, waiting to see what @OsirusANZ movements are... anyone else out there keen? @GC8TECH?

Last edited:
What day are we thinking?

I need to do a few things next Saturday morning but afternoon and Sunday should be ok at this stage

@djsheep anything got wanted to borrow and I'll bring it up with me?

Looks like plans have changed and will be the weekend of the 20th. Could be Saturday (20th) or Sunday (21st). Netherworld opens at midday. If not many people are interested/have the time, I could just throw on a BBQ at my house or grab takeout and we could play the cabs here. I can install any games ya'll want to play beforehand.

Will look through your VAPS list. If you get your Skycurser by then, please bring it on! :)

Last edited:
Brissy / QLD peeps, @buffaloj0e will be in town in two weeks time to pick up a cab (W/E of 20th July). Would be possibly cool to meet up with some of ya'll and head to Netherworld for some food, drinks and games: https://www.netherworldarcade.com/

@xodaraP and @tonjo had expressed interest in this thread, waiting to see what @OsirusANZ movements are... anyone else out there keen? @GC8TECH?

Hey mate, I’m definitely still interested. I would struggle to make it at night time if it happens but could do the afternoon if that works out well for others?

Hey mate, I’m definitely still interested. I would struggle to make it at night time if it happens but could do the afternoon if that works out well for others?
Afternoon works. Let's make it for Sunday at 12pm, Netherworld. DM me your phone number to confirm @tonjo

Last edited:
1. Username: Cideburns
2. Location: QLD (Brissy)
3. Services you can offer other members: Prob not much? We'll see as time goes on :)
4. Things you're looking for? I'd like to get my hands on the Ultra HDMI mod for N64.
Currently planning on building a consolized NEO GEO MVS (so would appreciate some guidance on this project)
5. Website links?.
6. Interests: 80s/90s consoles, computers, arcade and pinball. Audiophile Hi-Fi (including turntables/vinyl). Music (performing and listening).

I used to work in arcades when I was in my late teens and 20s (Timezone, Intencity etc), so knew my way around the basics of arcade machines and pinnies. Not so much mechanically but moreso menus and system settings etc. Mechanically didn't do much more than replace buttons, sticks, flippers, rubbers and bulbs and the like. When we did lock-ins I used to be able race through the place putting all the machines into Free Play (and back) super fast. But honestly don't know a lot about what make arcade cabs/machines tic (beyond the basics)
I have a Revenge From Mars pinny at home now, plus a couple of the little 1-Up arcade machines. I hold a lot of nostalgia for the machines I worked with and enjoyed in my youth. I was lucky enough to experience most of the greats (and play them for free!)

Thanks for having me, looking forward to getting the most of out of these forums

Richie

This may interest someone here. Highway has a bulk lot of Blast City cabinets on offer.
https://www.highway.net.au/bulk-offers/blast-city-cabinets-bulk-order-18pcs-min/197.html
@tiff_lee all the time! :D :D
When you were searching, there were none...
Be just my luck, although when I enquired last year they had 48 of them (in China as well) but all had 26" LCDs fitted to them.

Not sure what the price is there says average $860 but lower down says $618. Either way they are all in China and so you will have to ship them, I can see people referencing that for a price benchmark when I try and sell one. but but HE were selling them for $600!

I would much rather buy from where @tiff_lee got his cabs from over Highway though... I believe their Candy Cab stock comes via CoinOpExpress.

Cabs that lived in Japan > Cabs that lived anywhere-else-in-Asia :thumbsup:

I can see people referencing that for a price benchmark when I try and sell one. but but HE were selling them for $600!
Astro Cities were sold for 300 at one stage too! We should just all sell them for that price! :D :D

I would much rather buy from where @tiff_lee got his cabs from over Highway though... I believe their Candy Cab stock comes via CoinOpExpress.

Cabs that lived in Japan > Cabs that lived anywhere-else-in-Asia :thumbsup:
So would I!

Cabs that lived in Japan > than anywhere in the world :D :D

Now there’s a sizeable amount of Aussies these forums. Who is down for a group buy from Japan. Would be mainly Candies (NAC, Blast City, Aero City) and Vewlix. But could also source standalone machines.

If you’re keen. Reply with what you would be after and quantity. In the meantime. I will look into stocklists and logistics.

Now there’s a sizeable amount of Aussies these forums. Who is down for a group buy from Japan. Would be mainly Candies (NAC, Blast City, Aero City) and Vewlix. But could also source standalone machines.

If you’re keen. Reply with what you would be after and quantity. In the meantime. I will look into stocklists and logistics.
If you get enough interest I can pass on the info of some guys I spoke to (And dealt with)

Back