What's new
For the ppl not in the know... CPSChanger was a console created by Capcom in an attempt to sell arcade titles to the home market. So essentially, it comprises of a supergun like header which is molded to fit nicely over the jamma board. Games were release with CPS1.5 cases so was a very bulky "cartridge" :D

Below are some pics from my collection of the combo kit which came with the console and a game.

cpschanger-box-2_ORG.jpg
cpschanger.kit-2_ORG.jpg
cpschanger.kit-1_ORG.jpg
cpschanger-sfzero.kit_ORG.jpg

Beer is bland, nice bottle of scotch is much better. So $50 and a bottle of scotch, it's a deal!

Seriously though, that CPS changer is a thing of beauty. Looks brand new. If I had one I'd love to reverse engineer the supergun side of things.

Beer is bland, nice bottle of scotch is much better. So $50 and a bottle of scotch, it's a deal!

Seriously though, that CPS changer is a thing of beauty. Looks brand new. If I had one I'd love to reverse engineer the supergun side of things.
Better be a damn good bottle of scotch and I know my whisky :P ... so random with the fosters comment, dude rocked up to a wedding I was at last weekend with a 6 pack under his arm! last time I had fosters has gotta be over 15yrs ago.

Yeah, the CPSChanger was brand new when I got it. Has the original outer box which I'm pretty sure is very rare. Like you, I'm curious so at some point I'll pull it apart.

fosters.jpg

Cheers! :D

Huh, who knew you could even buy the stuff still. I think they export every single can of Fosters, well except for that one 6 pack :D

Maybe he should just buy me a bottle of scotch as condolence for not owning a CPS changer.

I'm a problem solver! :P

So, where's good if we were ALL going to meet? I'm going to say Brissy or Sydney as that seems where the majority of members are based...

So, where's good if we were ALL going to meet? I'm going to say Brissy or Sydney as that seems where the majority of members are based...
I will be up in Brisbane the weekend of the 9th of August for Aussie Kong Off 3 which is being held in conjunction with an Arcade & Pinball expo/comp the whole week of the Ekka (Brisbane Show). Joint project by the guys at Netherworld, Pincadia and 1Up Arcade.. Kong Off last year was excellent and got to meet so many guys in the hobby etc... can't wait for this years one to come around...

Last edited:
Back