What's new
Aussie peeps, need some assistance on two things:

Firstly, I am looking for a CRT tube/chassis for my Gottlieb Challenger Jr. cabinet. It's 20", if anyone see's or knows of something local in Brisbane/QLD, please let me know. Will settle just for a tube if it fits the Kortek chassis already present. Really want this machine functional as it's aesthetically pleasing, but I bought it with a dud monitor.

Secondly, does anyone have any experience with the LAI "Encoder 1.1" credit board. I've searched high and low for the DIP settings for it. Attached is a photo. Hopefully someone else has this same PCB in a machine.

laiencoder.JPG

The only Sydney members I'm aware of are @Nimmers and @sneek, maybe one of them?
There are a lot of buyers in Sydney man, that thing was literally being loaded onto a truck by someone 3 hours after it was posted for sale. My friend went to check it out only to see it leaving. Some people are building their own personal arcades, makes it hard for someone just trying to buy one.

Tried to do a search to help, but not coming up with that exact one.

Closest search so far: http://www.sunrisemicro.com.au/pdf/MultiCreditMk2.pdf

Edit: there's a TON of PDFs to sift through if you remove the "MultiCreditMk2.pdf" part of the address.
Thanks for your help! I've been on the Sunrise page and looked through everything trying to find a match to no avail. I've e-mailed them and hopefully they'll respond.

Update: They've responsed and clearly stated they didn't make that particular credit board I posted above, and suggested I contact LAI for information.

Last edited:
Aussie peeps, need some assistance on two things:

Firstly, I am looking for a CRT tube/chassis for my Gottlieb Challenger Jr. cabinet. It's 20", if anyone see's or knows of something local in Brisbane/QLD, please let me know. Will settle just for a tube if it fits the Kortek chassis already present. Really want this machine functional as it's aesthetically pleasing, but I bought it with a dud monitor.

Secondly, does anyone have any experience with the LAI "Encoder 1.1" credit board. I've searched high and low for the DIP settings for it. Attached is a photo. Hopefully someone else has this same PCB in a machine.

laiencoder.JPG
Hey mate I have asked around and other people have the same board but are also unaware of the DIP settings and are equally bewildered. Sorry mate.

For anyone in Melbourne looking to upgrade their Astro city speakers to something shieled and that sounds a little better, there's a pair of Creative SBS52 on gumtree for $10, this particular model is often mentioned as a good drop in replacement so thought I'd share.https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/southbank/speakers/cambridge-soundworks-speaker/1240509043

Nice tip off. That's a good deal, they don't turn up here at all!

I still think the Jaycar speakers offer the best boom for a Astro City, but they're $40 for the pair.

Looks like Highway has dropped the price on their candys, getting reasonable if you can drive there take your pic and haul it in in your car. For shipping interstate sight unseen, it is still a bit pricey
lqES5n1.png

aren't they all "as is" anyway? I don't think they were tested

Back