What's new
You checked dragonlee on AA forum? @Dzhay

He has a heap of cabs and has done container buys in the past (though I have never purchased a cab from him).

Anyone got a Sunset Riders they would sell me? Can pay in toilet paper.

Last edited:
ETbMHIuWsAAltkh.jpg

Hey

So has anyone here ever imported a single cab from Japan? If yes, how did you go about arranging it?

Cheers
You could try Import Monster. They do containers of car parts but told me they’ve had a few arcade machines come through. Hard part is getting it to their warehouse in Japan. After that it’s okay. They ship to Melbourne.

Yo everyone!

How are you all doing? You going alright?

Give us a shout to let everyone in the thread know you’re ok :)

Win, lose or draw, I'm going to get fat as fuck during COVID 19 and, if recent history is any guide, drink a lot.

I'm fine, my job as a teacher is secure and I'm good to go with remote teaching and it'll take less time out of my week. I'm working on the shed, I've got cool stuff to setup in the mail, I've been working on my projects, I just ordered pizza. I'm having a great time tbh, I'm preparing for a post-pandemic LAN and it'll be awesome.

Only negative so far is that I wont be seeing my family over Easter and toilet paper is running low.

I have a spare evil S16 multi. :evil:

By evil I mean the one that Lydz created. Initially I preferred some things of it over the Apocalypse multi but now I've implemented an OLED based games selector the Lydz multi is poo.

Still alive here. Been working from home for two weeks no with no sign of stopping.

The extra time at home has allowed me to build a pc for my noir - it's just a matter of configuring now

Been hanging on as well. It's getting tougher as we are heading into the peak of the pandemic (and perhaps recession)
Not sure about your workplace but my company have stood down at least 30 employees due to schools and universities closed down. Half of our projects are now put on hold and in limbo state as well. It's tough as I still have another 13 years to pay off mortgage and with the on-going grim news about the virus, it's not likely that the lock down will be lifted off anytime soon.

On the bright side, whoever are waiting to buy their first house, this is going to be the good time if you can manage to secure your job in the long run, this is a time to buy as interest rate is so low right now.

On the bright side, whoever are waiting to buy their first house, this is going to be the good time if you can manage to secure your job in the long run, this is a time to buy as interest rate is so low right now.
I've been studying real estate markets for a while now (~15 years).
It's complicated to figure out if it's a good time to buy, real estate value isn't tied to interest rates, the real value is how much cost the piece of land then how much is construction cost.
For my parents' generation real estate was really cheap compared to the average income (an average house was worth 3 or 4 years of the average income at the time) but interest rates were much higher (between 10 and 12%).
Still if you take into account the cost of the loan and the inflation (~30% over 25 years) you figure out real quick prices have been out of control for nearly 20 years now. In the past 20 years house prices have been multiplied by 3 and in the meantime incomes have only risen by ~30%. The low rates are far for compensating those higher prices.
People seem to satisfy themselves for prices increase but it's only beneficial if you're leaving the market (but where are you going to live?) or if you're selling to buy smaller.

Just a quick example, say you bought a flat of 50m2 back in 2005 for 100k. By analogy (and for the sake of simplicity, I know the more the surface the less the per m2 price) a 100m2 flat was worth 200k at that time.

Scenario 1:
10 years later prices have doubled, now you have a family and you want to buy a 100m2 flat.
You sell the old one for 200k (wow 100k capital gain!) but then the 100m2 is now worth 400k. You need 200k more.

Scenario 2:
10 years later prices have been divided by 2, now you still have a family and you still want to buy a 100m2 flat.
You sell the old one for 50k (ouch 50k loss!) but then the 100m2 is now worth only 100k. You need 50k more.

What must also be considered is during that time you also have saved on the rent (usually not 100% cause as a owner maintenance costs are now on you, same for city coucil tax, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
People seem to satisfy themselves for prices increase but it's only beneficial if you're leaving the market (but where are you going to live?) or if you're selling to buy smaller.
On the flip side, if you're looking to upgrade then this is a pretty good time to buy.

Back