What's new
Looks nice! Will he do custom engraving for you?
Were you thinking something like "I <3 djsheep"? ;)

Seriously though, not sure, I'm not an "engraving" kind of guy, my guess is he probably can (going by the finish of the panel he has access to someone with a some sort of CNC device, if you haven't already, take a look at his gallery.

That'll do. Or "Slap Boyz".

I just noticed the stick had "PS3" and "PS4" engraved on it, thought it might be cool if you got it customised?

Any Aussies after RJ45 adapter cables for their sticks/Brook Boards/PS360/MC Cthulhu, etc? I’m about to put in an order for some cables and crimp some up. I really only need Gamecube ones for myself but I am down to make a small batch to sell. Just let me know via PM anything you’re after. All cables will be tested and come with boots and strain relief.

Can do USB, OG Xbox, PS1/2, Saturn, SNES, NES, Dreamcast and GameCube.

My little Mexican fightstick idea has been torpedoed by FedEx, they want $130 USD per stick, the sticks are 6kg...I will probably still do it...not cheap anymore though. From the little I've read on it, the Mexican postal services should be avoided.

Does anyone know a good AU source for nice double wipe sockets?

Last edited:
Anyone have a spare 42-pin double wipe socket, it looks like they're obsolete now (Amphenol DILB42P-223TLF), it was the socket for Konami-1 (basically it was a 6809 with a different pinout and scrambled opcodes, I think that meant it gained 2 pins in the scrambling).

Disregard, I think I found them them (3M 4842-6000-CP)

Last edited:
Mine has a big toroidal transformer in it and it works fine. Was in there when I got it. You should be able to get a stepdown from Jaycar or an electrical wholesaler.

If not you can get them from RS, Digikey, E14 etc

Hello and nice to meet you!

1. Username -
nidulans

2. Location (State) -
Melbourne, Vic

3. Services you can offer other members (repairs, sales, etc.) -
Fairly new to all his but getting better at swapping out batteries and capacitors on boards.

4. Things you're looking for? -
Not really anything at the moment. Maybe a cheap F3 if one came up but I have enough projects to keep me going.

Last edited:
Aussies... what are you all using for stepdown transformers in your Japanese cabs?

I need to get a 240v >> 100v stepdown for one of my cabs that currently has a 240v >> 110v (outputting 118v) stepdown in it and i'm sure it's the reason for a really crappy wiggle in the video I can't get rid of.

The issue is, I can't find one of the regular transformer style stepdowns anyhwere, the ones that you screw into the floor of the cab.

This style is what I'm looking for. Or the more bare looking ones, but similar thing.
transformer.jpg

Is there anywhere local in Australia to get these 240v to 100v stepdowns?

I know I can find the boxed models, there's plenty of those around, but then I won't be able to easily screw it to the bottom of my cab. Just thought I'd ask here before I end up buying the boxed model.

Cheers.
I have the same as yours except in much rougher condition. I run it in a NAC but I found it in a red exceleena

Attachments

• IMG_6405.jpg
    IMG_6405.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 89
Can anyone recommend a good place to get move strips printed to go in backlit control panel glass? Doesn't need to be top shelf really, but better than me printing onto three A4 sheets of paper and stickytaping it together :).

I tried a local printing shop down the street and they quoted $160 for a backlit material printout. Maybe doing an A1 sized poster from officeworks on '200gsm satin paper' would be acceptable, and would be around $35.00 (and given that the move strip is 650mm x 80mm out of an 841mm x 594mm sheet, it would leave enough room to make some extras.
Contact Carson at Noodleshirt. He does a lot of arcade printing and would have no trouble doing move strips
+1 for Noodleshirt. His work is absolutely amazing and well priced.
Thanks for the recommendation @xodaraP and @djsheep. Emailed Carson at Noodleshirt and the entire process was a delight. The results were outstanding! (original artwork was from http://www.emphatic.se/?p=807 and I resized it and made some minor tweaks to match colours of my machine):

movestrip.png

Back