What's new
haha jamma harnesses are probably not something I would like to take on... they take a significant amount of time to make.
This!
Sometimes I don't think people understand the time, effort and cost required.
lol yeah I realised that real quick when I made my own bartop many many years ago (and that was CNC cut). Parts, time and effort cost well over the price people were asking to purchase for :)

Back on the jamma harness... sheesh... I can't imagine cutting, stripping, soldering and then covering with heat shrink 50+ something wires (and that's just one end), the other end will need certain connections to either put connectors on or other stuff.. I reckon it'd easily take me a solid 2 hours for something that what.. I could sell for 50 bux max? No one will want to pay more than that.. probably cost a fair bit in parts too.. I'm not a very business orientated person, but I personally don't think I would be able to sustain that for long :)

haha jamma harnesses are probably not something I would like to take on... they take a significant amount of time to make.
This!Sometimes I don't think people understand the time, effort and cost required.
lol yeah I realised that real quick when I made my own bartop many many years ago (and that was CNC cut). Parts, time and effort cost well over the price people were asking to purchase for :)

Back on the jamma harness... sheesh... I can't imagine cutting, stripping, soldering and then covering with heat shrink 50+ something wires (and that's just one end), the other end will need certain connections to either put connectors on or other stuff.. I reckon it'd easily take me a solid 2 hours for something that what.. I could sell for 50 bux max? No one will want to pay more than that.. probably cost a fair bit in parts too.. I'm not a very business orientated person, but I personally don't think I would be able to sustain that for long :)
You are totally right about the time & effort to do it justice... and make it cost effective. I have re-wired 2 JAMMA connectors in the last month or so and its a fucking nightmare! haha. However, given the choice $25 for a cheap Chinese one or $50 for a top quality one... I know where my $50 hard earned would be going. :)

Problem being $50 doesn't come close to offsetting costs and labour.
yeah I know.. just annoying how shit the quality is of the ones available... best you can do is buy them and just replace the connector and power wires... still painful but probably less time consuming to make one from scratch.

It doesn't.

I assumed you were talking about extensions. My bad.

First post updated with a directory of services offered by members.

I polled this information from intro posts in this thread. If anyone wants to be added (or removed) in any of the sections, please let me know, it's helpful to know who is offering help locally.

Cheers.

1. Bigadz (Adam)
2. Melbourne, VIC
3. 3D Printing, Rom burning, cyber security
4. Not looking for anything at the moment, but if a taito type x2 came up I'd been keen

Hi,

Anyone know where I could get some 27C400's in Oz?

Thanks
Richard

Hi,

Anyone know where I could get some 27C400's in Oz?

Thanks
Richard
I had to resort to ebay/aliexpress last time :(

I've started looking into TSOP to DIP adaptors as a workaround, so maybe a solution there for you?

Hey guys,

Anyone know where to look for a vewlix cab in Aus (i'm in melb)?

Also trying to chase down a replacement light cover/marquee (not actually sure what this part is called). I posted it in a thread in the Sega section but thought I would ask the aussies here!

E8i7BoL.jpg

Back