What's new
Keen. What do you charge, and how are they decked out?

Great minds think alike. I've been pondering travelling down the Mister path, just keep procrastinating for some reason.

@djsheep i charge too much, i sold that one on ebay. i just get parts from zerohimself via etsy. he said his store will be updated in a few days with items again, I guess he has just done another build run of IO boards, ram and HUB's. when i say i charge too much, i have also done a lot of research and spent time setting it all up with an sd card and roms etc too. i provided that sale with some after sales service as well. for someone who wants to play but doesnt want to figure it all out, its probably worth it.

the mister is definitely worth checking out, amazing amazing piece of kit, and so much great development is going into them at the moment. i just wish i could run more linux commands on it! it runs a very stripped down linux.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check his page out. His prices are quite reasonable actually... Paging @Frank_fjs wanna do an order and finally figure this thing out?

yes the route @mR_CaESaR went was better than mine. i bought from Riteng supplier off Ali and rang my local customs and organized all the legal stuff here in brisbane. all up it cost me 1600 and i rocked up to the port in my ute and picked it up myself. i heard someone in brisbane scored one for under 1000 picked up from the docks?

Can anyone here recommend a honest customs broker or direct contact at one? I think this is the variable that makes cab imports cost prohibitive down under.

700 usd to my door no additional fees... It was picked up from the warehouse in china, put on a boat, paperwork was dealt with, once it arrived on the port, they organised to get it off the port and store it and then organised a tail lift courier to my door.

It was 1300 USD altogether which ended up around 1600 aud at the time.. But I got additional spares... (side cp panels, marquees x2, those L brackets for transporting, additional auxiliary panels and 2 sets of Tate brackets)

The fees were probably a little more than I would've liked, but the fact that it was end to end is what made me use them. I'm sure I could've researched all the things they do myself, but it's just that much easier and stress free when one person is handling everything.

I believe @yiggs also used shipporter and I'm assuming since he organised the pick up himself once it was at the port (Brisbane), it ended up a lot cheaper than my fees.

Yo!
Funny this should come up atm, I just referred a mate to shipporter (they were great). But yeah, they're quoting him $730 usd atm for a far north Brisbane door to door. Gone up significantly since i ordered. My quote for $415 USD was actually door to door! But I have a feeling it was lower price because Shipporter port is in Brissy
Warwick' said:
Your friends shipment was approximately 12 months ago at which time we were operating a consolidation service from Shenzen with a typical transit time of 4 to 5 weeks to Australia.Due to COVID-19 the current volumes cannot support the same+ service level or pricing structure. In addition there have been a number of general rate increases in both the ocean freight and depot handling fees since July 2019.
Seems like tough times atm with both shipping and manufacturing companies

Judging on the price for one cab, it definitely seems containers are the way to go, but the coordination of one is a major pain.

Anyone in Oz have a Capcom Classic to JAMMA adaptor for sale or loan? I built a harness that beeps out correctly, but wanna test with something more certified to work.

Use your home made adaptor, I have faith in you! As long as you got power right you won't blow anything up.

You'll get why when I send you a photo on SMS ;), I'm using this horrible thick wire from RS that I bought (I think you have a spool of it too) and it's not pliable at all. Also using an old JAMMA edge connector and those tan/brown bredboards from back in the day. The cost of ordering more supplies would probably be the same as an adapter. Plus at this point, I'm only testing...

Back