What's new
Oh that's a nice 6 slotter! Damn you for telling me about it @djsheep

Can't buy another cab till the 1st one is working again :(

Lol you can always buy cabs :D :D

I've resorted to the back pergola cos they no longer fit in the garage :D :D :D

qr9Cj06.jpg

Quick question, where does one find candy cabs in Australia? People are finding them hand over fist here but when I was looking I couldn't find anything.

Hahaha yeah.. I seem to get quite lucky :)

It's usually fb marketplace or gumtree.

Quick question, where does one find candy cabs in Australia? People are finding them hand over fist here but when I was looking I couldn't find anything.
Patience, look every day on all usual websites and groups, then move fast when you find one. People that seem to get luck actually look every day for months/years, it is not really luck.

Patience, look every day on all usual websites and groups, then move fast when you find one. People that seem to get luck actually look every day for months/years, it is not really luck.
@djcalle has hit the nail right on the head there

just scan everything 24/7 .... im pretty autistic about it when i want something.

i scored a dope NAC during this flu bs the day before stage 4 jail that had been sitting in a shed , protected under plastic for 19 yrs as the seller scored it as a trade with some pinball deal from an operator. Arcade's weren't his thing so it sat preserved for that long....... btw it was on facebook marketplace in the turntable/hifi section, go figure...

Same with some things on YHJ, heaps of stuff is in the wrong section or spelt wrong / wrong description .....

It took me a solid year to locate an Astro City locally, and I've not seen one since.

You're on the money ^^^

Even the price of Astro's has increased in japan, Y800,000 + it seems these days (i guess that could all change with 'rona & economics )

I also hate the thought of cheap arcade parts from Japan as I would rather pay $$$ than have game center's close down :(

It's a hobby a lot more people are getting into because those of us who played arcade games as kids are in our 30s/40s and in a lot of cases have kids to share the hobby with.

Supply has increased a lot from Japan with more and more resellers, but the demand is well and truly outstripping the supply.

Supply has increased a lot from Japan with more and more resellers, but the demand is well and truly outstripping the supply.
kind of true but at the same time there are plenty of candy cab on sale around 1.5k which is the price range that lots of buyers don't want to pay. (local vendors usually have these cabs in stock, Highway, Hallam Arcade, many in qld, etc...)

Most of us will scout around for "bargain" or a cheap project cab that you can work further on (effectively putting everyone in a competition for a very limited amount of these kind of cabs floating around every year).

Truly there are no such thing as true bargain cab but if you are super lucky as the owner does not know the true value of the cab, you might get yourself a deal.

In a nut shell, just like pinball, you will need to invest a fair bit into this hobby if you really want to expand your cab collection quickly.

Also best to own a house with large space before even attempting to even start collecting cabs as these cabs can be pain the ass when you need to move to new places. Probably not so ideal for people who are still renting and want to have multiple cabs in their collection as you will need space for the cabs and storage for parts.

And i would like to remark one quote that i remember fondly from my uni time "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch".

1.5k for a 30 year old arcade cabinet with moderate burn in on a screen that probably needs a refresh from Jomac, replacement buttons and sticks and other restoration work is a tough pill to swallow.

I understand that's where the market is now but it's only there because more people are joining the hobby, which is great but does make it harder.

^ agreed. People are taking the piss.

Back