What's new
LOL tell me about it... but the problem is.. people are buying!

I'm frustrated with these blasts already - I am seeing what Joey can do (if anything). If not, they're going straight back on GT and I'll let someone else deal with the headaches :D

1. dan-esc
2. QLD
3. Soldering, just about to do an OSSC. I can make RJ45-to-console cables. Artwork / drawing.
4. More open source projects to solder
5. danaubin.com

It seems to me that at least part of the problem is a few people making a concerted effort to drive up prices by asking what seems like too much. I know you need a buyer for it to be effective, but if person x asks $2k for a blast city and then when person y is looking to move one on, they're liable to ask closer to $2k than what they paid.

The increase is really visible in relation to blasts and egret IIs, although maybe that's just because they're the cabs I've keep an eye out for.

The only way to beat it, is to not buy it unfortunately. But like you said @Nimmers, there’ll always be that one guy with deep pockets ruining the perceived value.

I personally will never pay more than 1k for any candy cab period. But then there will be another spectrum of cheap ass people who always expecting a bargain fully working candy cab for less than $400, probably lying to themselves about the real perceived value of the cab. It's free market and the law of supply and demand are applied to everyone here. But you are right, there are always some guys with deep pocket willingly to pay inflated price for candy cab, thus effectively raised the price ceiling for the candy cab in australia. Given that the retro gaming and arcade resurgence, price will keep going up from now on.

I'd pay 1.5k for an aero city that doesn't need any chassis repairs :)

But the reality is, I need to most likely pay 3k for it lol.

Given my very fortunate previous purchases, my expectation of price is very different from what they're being sold at.

As djcalle has said, you just have to be able to move on them quickly.. I've been lucky enough where the sellers have kept their word on me.. Very often the seller says to me "you know how many people have offered me more than what I was asking just to get it" (happened with my last three purchases - astro, noir and blasts)

$1300-$1500 for a rusty tub, lmao, what kind of home grown are ppl smokin’

on the same board, bet on my left nut that i will ever sell my cab at the same price that i bought few years back.
Sellers ofcourse want to maximise the profit and would only drop the price if the demand is very smalll.... but on contrary, demand for arcade cab is increasing over the years and i expect the median price to rise above $1.5k for an average working conditon cab in the future.
Should be glad that candy cab price has not gone off the roof like Pinball ....yet.

I've actually never made one of these nor do I have parts for it :)

All the harnesses I've made are for 5 pin jlfs

Anyone in Oz have a spare Capcom Classic JAMMA Adapter, or one they're not using I can buy, or even borrow for a while?

I need it for a Ghost & Goblins that I will attempt to repair. Let me know.

@Murray, you can order the parts from RS fairly easy and they have free shipping. I have some bits (but not the time) to make up a few for you, but not 6! :)

If you really want to get up and started, you could solder wires directly to the stick, but that gets messy quickly.

Just checking if anyone knows anywhere local that sells these?

I just purchased 6 joysticks and i got the wrong ones... same stick, just doesn't have the pcb with 5 pin header, only has the microswitches, so i need some of these harnesses.

2020-09-24 15_59_10-.187 to 5-pin Conversion Harness.jpg

I know I can make my own, and under non locked down circumstances with all the shops open, I would probably just drive to Jaycar and get the pin header myself and rig them up... but I just can't be f'd right now.
So if anyone knows someone local that makes and sells these, let me know! Thanks!
Would something below suit? I haven't used either of these places but they are in OZ so shipping will be quick.

https://www.ozstick.com.au/product/wiring-kit/

https://www.austinamusements.com.au/collections/jamma-harnesses-edge-connectors-and-wiring

I’m new to candy cabs but not Pinball and have seen similar conversations play out on other pinball forums. I was sucking air through my teeth at buying several pins in the $3k range in 2013 and after spending many hours and about $1k on each selling for about what I put in. Those prices were probably double of five years before that. But bog standard versions of the same pins are around $6-$8k now because of the influx of buyers. I wonder if the same is happening with the sought after models of candy cabs.

Last edited:
Anyone here have a rotary joystick for Midnight Resistance/Heavy Barrel they would part with?

Anyone here have a rotary joystick for Midnight Resistance/Heavy Barrel they would part with?
I have these parts. I'm not sure if that's what you're after or what they're worth

Attachments

• 20200506_151738.jpg
    20200506_151738.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20200506_151743.jpg
    20200506_151743.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20200506_151810.jpg
    20200506_151810.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 91
Back