What's new
I can do that if you want, but I'd personally recommend a Brook UFB and Retro board which will cover you for pretty much everything.

I have a UFB in my stick and use a UD-USB for DB15

If you really want it just to be straight DB15 with the HAS/Minigun pinout I can help with that.

@mR_CaESaR that's my plan for the SC stick I got from you but I haven't got round to buying the PCBs yet :P

Thanks @djsheep @mR_CaESaR @xodaraP

So I have this third DOA VSHG, ironically the one I paid a lot more for on YAJ (but hey it had a box)!

It could be the VSHG PCB thats failed.

Any Aussies want to cleanly mod it for me, I'm thinking to just convert it to a DB15?
If it means anything, I play heaps of stuff on an unmodified VSHG using a minigun and an undamned decoder. Haven't noticed any lag to justify wanting a brook PCB in it either *shrug*

Thanks @Nimmers

Do we have any idea if there are spare PCB's available for the HSN-0011?

Any Aussies out there (that have upgraded a VSHG) keep the original PCB?

It's either the cable or the PCB thats faulty.

Attachments

• pcb.jpg
    pcb.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 94
More likely the cable. Shouldn't be too difficult to replace so worth trying that before you write off the PCB

Thanks @xodaraP

I have continuity

pcb - usb
---------------
1 red - [+]
2 wht - [D-]
3 grn - [D+]
4 blk - [shield]
5 blk - [shield]

Now pin 4 on the USB [-] is not connected but I was thinking that that doesn't matter if the PCB is getting negative (PCB pin 4) from the shield wire?

The white connectors on the PCB are soldered in, usually there is a male socket solderied in and a female plug with wiring harness attached, or am I missing something, can I just pull the USB white plug out, it doesn't seem like I can, I have to desolder it?

Sometimes they're soldered in or there's a locking tab on them. I would say that your D- line would be connected to GND

Are there any breaks in your ground loop?

Thanks @xodaraP, is there an easy way to test the gnd loop on a VSHG, continuity between point A & B but where is A & B?

The ground loop goes from the PCB, is connected to all sticks and buttons in a loop. Generally all black wire.

Hi fellow Aussies!
I've recently done a couple of successful repairs on CPS3 hardware and there is a definite lack of information out there.

These are extremely difficult to diagnose and repair and prices are going up so I would like to change that.

In order to learn more about this hardware I would like to buy broken CPS3 motherboards to attempt to fix.

If you have one you are happy to sell or donate (I specifically want to buy them in case I destroy them when working on them) let me know.

If the repair is successful I will be writing up repair logs (where necessary) and you will be given the option of buying it back for the original sale price plus cost of repair.

Happy to provide references that I'm not a flipper looking for cheap boards and that I'm reasonable with my pricing on repairs.

Mate you can keep one of mine when I send it to you if you're able to fix one :)

Hi fellow Aussies!
I've recently done a couple of successful repairs on CPS3 hardware and there is a definite lack of information out there.

These are extremely difficult to diagnose and repair and prices are going up so I would like to change that.

In order to learn more about this hardware I would like to buy broken CPS3 motherboards to attempt to fix.

If you have one you are happy to sell or donate (I specifically want to buy them in case I destroy them when working on them) let me know.

If the repair is successful I will be writing up repair logs (where necessary) and you will be given the option of buying it back for the original sale price plus cost of repair.

Happy to provide references that I'm not a flipper looking for cheap boards and that I'm reasonable with my pricing on repairs.
PM incoming

Hey guys,
Anyone in Australia here have a Dreamcast with gdemu installed they want to get rid of?
I am chasing one atm

Hey guys,
Anyone in Australia here have a Dreamcast with gdemu installed they want to get rid of?
I am chasing one atm
you're one week too late, just sold one with gdemu and a couple other mods done

Does anyone have a handful of 27C322 EPROM and a 27C256 or 27C128 laying around they can sell?

Back