What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a device that can flip/invert the image from DVI/HDMI like a mirror/glass beside the Datapah x4? The Datapath x4 add a frame of lag and it is expensive which means that I would have to get two of those to match the 1 frame of lag.
Or any current monitor with the flip/invert image feature build in? I am looking for a solution for TTX2 Darius Burst that has the second monitor flipped/inverted and a mirror is used.. I looked all over and the video wall that I see have mirror or flipped features but it is actually rotating the picture 180 degrees.. thanks

Also - if anyone has access to RetroRGB Bob could you please ask that question on the Q&A.. thanks

What about using a projector and updating its position settings to “Rear Projector?” It flips the image, but how would you fit it in the cabinet?

Attachments

• 4CA13BCF-81E2-40A0-A4DF-AECAB8619913.jpeg
    4CA13BCF-81E2-40A0-A4DF-AECAB8619913.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 178
What about using a projector and updating its position settings to “Rear Projector?” It flips the image, but how would you fit it in the cabinet?
let me ask questions.. I have not considered projectors because my place has a lot of lights..it is not for a cab but for home used. questions-- since they are two outs on the TTX2, would I need two projectors? Or are projectors able to display two pics at the same time? Are you using a CRT projector or modern?

Ok. I cheated a bit. That photo was from the ps4 Chronicle saviors port. I expect you would need two projectors, but I’ll mess with my projector. My projector is a fairly modern benq w1070.

It actually would be pretty sweet to set this up game on a long wall with two projectors... not a bad idea.

The Datapath x4 add a frame of lag
it's physically impossible to NOT add a frame of lag when flipping the image.

Because the image is sent over the video cable 1 pixel at a time starting at the top left, moving across and then down; like reading a book.

when you're flipping the image the pixel on the bottom right becomes the top left pixel of the flipped image, so it has to wait for the whole frame to be sent before it can start drawing.

it's physically impossible to NOT add a frame of lag when flipping the image.
This. Unless it's being done internally by the game before it's sent to the display that's just the physical nature of the beast.

I'd honestly just use the Steam port, which supports dual monitors with no mirroring, or is happy to just combine everything into a single widescreen image which you could run nice and big with a single projector.

I see thanks for the feedback guys.. I like Steam and all but GOD, I have the real arcade hardware.. :thumbsup:

There are software methods to do it, I've looked into this before with the idea of doing the opposite, turning the Steam version into having a mirrored screen and building my own two way mirror box. Then I realized that was dumb and gave up on the whole idea heh. But it might be possible to get something running on the Taito box that does it.

I have no idea if they add lag, but in theory software flipping could avoid it since it doesn't have to wait for the whole frame to draw. Or maybe it does and it will suck, or it won't run on the Type X hardware in the first place. But that's what I'd look into if you're really fixed on trying it.

Honestly while I get having the 'real' hardware, if you don't have the 'real' cab it doesn't really mean that much. The Steam version is really nice and has a ton of options. Just saying, might not be worth the headache just for a little bit of purism that isn't really complete without the cab anyways ...

There is a rebranded version of the datapath x4 which is reasonably priced..a frame is not that bad as long as the monitor is fast.. will see how it goes.. I like to get both versions running and if at the end they do end up to be the same them I will put the real hardware for sale:).. now the biggest expense will be the 32:9 monitor.

Back