What's new

CB_of_Luton

Professional
Reaction score
Despite having great audio now...is this well done 054986A an indication I should be enjoying the soundtrack while I can? lol

The area needs to be cleaned, the acid neutralized and the caps replaced, because the acid will slowly eat away at the tracks and then it going's to be harder to fix.

You live near @Mitsurugi-w, he does a whole replacement for just $50, brand new, non-leaky sound board. I also recommend spending the extra $5 to have him add a socket so in the future you can pull it off and take a look at it or re-cap a lot easier.

He's done I think 3 of my boards now with 2 more on the way to him and I can't recommend him enough!

Also, he needs to salvage a chip off the bottom of the original, and with yours leaking like that, I would NOT wait much longer, in case the chip gets damaged beyond repair.

2 more on the way to him
I got them the other day.

GI Joe is now working 100%

Xexex had three ram errors before replacing the module and still the same three errors after replacing it. So there is something else going on with the pcb that needs fixing. Possibly the custom at 6G.

Despite having great audio now...is this well done 054986A an indication I should be enjoying the soundtrack while I can? lol

I think it's time to replace the module (not necessarily with a reproduction of mine) or clean the area from acid leakage of capacitors al least because in few time traces could be affected by corrosion.

I think it's time to replace the module (not necessarily with a reproduction of mine) or clean the area from acid leakage of capacitors al least because in few time traces could be affected by corrosion.
Sending off to Mitsurugi-w ASAP. Thanks- all who responded. Much appreciated gents!

2 more on the way to him
I got them the other day.
GI Joe is now working 100%

Xexex had three ram errors before replacing the module and still the same three errors after replacing it. So there is something else going on with the pcb that needs fixing. Possibly the custom at 6G.
Aw, FFS! OK, I sent you a PM.

Damn, I paid a LOT for that Xexex too, first time getting ripped off on YAJ I guess!

@CB_of_Luton I'm glad you're getting your board sorted out!

Back