What's new

gamemaster14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a netdimm that I had purchased on ebay ages ago. It netboots just fine and is currently updated to the latest firmware 4.02.

The only problem is when the jumpers are switched to GD-Rom mode I only get a black screen and no boot at all. I know there is nothing wrong with the Naomi 2 as I have a regular dim with very old firmware (1.02) and that boots gd-roms (Except for VF4FT) just fine.

Could there be something wrong with this netdimm?

Is there such a thing as a Netdimm that will only work in network mode and can not be switched into GD-Rom?

ive had a net only netdim and it worked with gdrom after i updated to 4.02 and switched out the daughter board. so it cant be that

4.01 and 4.02 replace GD with CF, so perhaps are not compatible for GD anymore, but I've not performed advanced tests.

EDIT : error, it's GD + CF

Last edited:
ummm no your wrong. my gdrom runs on 4.02 . 4.01 added to not replaced gdrom 4.02 simply removed the sig check for official cards. both still run gdrom if you want

4.01 = added support for Sega CF kits
4.02 = added support for 3rd party CF kits.

GD-rom support was never removed.

So, Is there such a thing as a Net boot dim only? or is it just a problem with this particular dim?

there is netdim only but the only diffence between it and the full netdim is the duaghter/top board. if its fully populated it works on net and gdrom/cf

mine was netonly dim all i did was look for some who had a new top

A netdimm should still be able to play gd rom games. I'm pretty sure there aren't dimms that will ONLY netboot. My guess is there is something wonky with your DIMM or the jumpers are set incorrectly for GD rom mode.

I had set them according to the pictures and guides I have seen online and I get no video when the dim is in gd-rom mode, but it works just fine in netboot mode, I am guessing it is just something wrong with the dim board itself then, unless anyone else has any ideas?

Oh well, I guess I will just keep this one for netbooting. Now if only I could get my regular dim updated to 3.17 so it would run my Final Tuned gd-rom.

do you have a non netdim? if so try its daughter board on this. test the gdrom via this way. if it doesnt work then the problem exists on the main board of the dimm

I will give that a try and use the regular dim's top board with the netdimm main board and see what happens. I am honestly guessing it will do the same thing.

Back