What's new

mrnewland1

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey guys, my question is this- I have a eSWAT cab that is a conversion, it was originally a standard JAMMA cab. The JAMMA harness is still there and is connected to the SEGA pcb through an interface but the wires for pins 15 (TEST) and R (SERVICE) are missing. The test and service options are activated using a 9 pin harness that comes out of the interface. I was wondering why it's done this way instead of using the existing JAMMA harness for test and service. Also, on the JAMMA harness, if I were to reinstate pins 15 and R, and piggy them on to the interface test and service wires, would that be a problem? I haven't done this yet because of concern that this reworking of test and service might be for a good reason.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

Are you saying that this 9pin harness leads to nothing or some buttons?

With some quick googlefoo it looks like Test goes to the "Z" pin and the Service switch goes to the "a" pin on the solder side of the system16 board.
These pins are only used for a switch as far as I know and link straight back into GND.

If you notate where they were originally you can just try fixing it to run through directly to the above noted pins on the System16 interface from the Jamma harness. I have know idea why that interface adapter doesn't do that already.
You shouldn't have an issue doing this?

Are you saying that this 9pin harness leads to nothing or some buttons?

With some quick googlefoo it looks like Test goes to the "Z" pin and the Service switch goes to the "a" pin on the solder side of the system16 board.
These pins are only used for a switch as far as I know and link straight back into GND.

If you notate where they were originally you can just try fixing it to run through directly to the above noted pins on the System16 interface from the Jamma harness. I have know idea why that interface adapter doesn't do that already.
You shouldn't have an issue doing this?
No the 9 pin harness, coming off of the Sega to JAMMA interface, goes to the front of the cabinet where it controls speaker, "test", and "service". So essentially, instead of using the JAMMA harness for the test and service functions, this setup uses that 9 pin harness coming from the interface. The JAMMA harness "test" and "service" pins have been disconnected.

I just had an epiphany. Disregard my question because is really doesn't matter now. I will restore the missing wires on the JAMMA harness ones i hook it to the 6 way JAMMA switcher and remove those same wires going from eSWAT pcb to 6 way switcher. I got it figured out.

Thankyou for your help

Back