What's new

jimmyjames

Professional
Reaction score
So I went to put a Jammafier into my Noir and to my surprise the new cabinets do not seem to have the 3.3v power supply like the tekken 6 cabs. The new noirs have 5v, 12v and 24v each a separate power unit. I checked all the pins to make sure they were not sneakily put somewhere and not labeled. It looks like what im gonna have to do is make the second 5v pin not being used into 3.3v out, not to sure about ground. You can see the harness to the left missing the brown wire (3.3V) and the ground. The brown wire is on the other side of that harness. This same wire is on both jvs power connectors like it should be there. Those are the three supplies in the back. yellow 24v, orange 12v qnd red 5v. Was an odd day I had had this hooked to my pc and was shocked when I checked the pins to put the jammafier on. Thought one of the psu's was blown. Thank god its not.
zUkLrmZ.jpg

What's being powered by the 24V PSU? Card readers?

If it's something you don't need, I would just swap that with a 3.3V PSU. You might even find one that fits the same mounting points. All the wiring is already in place. Connectors look like JST VH, which are also used on open frame Mean Well PSUs. Just double check the pinouts.

It looks like what im gonna have to do is make the second 5v pin not being used into 3.3v out, not to sure about ground.
Grounds are tied together.

What's being powered by the 24V PSU? Card readers?

If it's something you don't need, I would just swap that with a 3.3V PSU. You might even find one that fits the same mounting points. All the wiring is already in place. Connectors look like JST VH, which are also used on open frame Mean Well PSUs. Just double check the pinouts.

It looks like what im gonna have to do is make the second 5v pin not being used into 3.3v out, not to sure about ground.
Grounds are tied together.
I could just add one in general but I think im gonna get a converter board and have it be 3.3v at 3A. however I still need to check the amps out and find out what is actually needed or required. Trying to source one of those power supplies would be tough and probably expensive.

3A is way too little.

A Mean Well LPS-75-3.3 costs like 20 bucks. It's 15A, which is plenty enough.

What's the distance between the mounting points?

3A is way too little.

A Mean Well LPS-75-3.3 costs like 20 bucks. It's 15A, which is plenty enough.

What's the distance between the mounting points?
Dang that would work and it is similar to the others...

Ok so I decided to go into the cabinet and get the actual model nbrs
PDF file link to LGA power supplies https://en.cosel.co.jp/tool/tag/pdf/SFE_LGA.pdf
W5MNTE0.jpg
U8imSTs.jpg
248seBu.jpg
So I think the model nbr im looking for is LGA50A-3R3-Y and have found it for $35 on mouser, so if anyone that has a noir cab can confirm this model nbr power supply I would appreciate it> (@Cereth I know you may have some Noirs)( @Lemony Vengeance im gonna need some connection pins for whatever these connectors are. Ill send picks when I confirm and order the power supply.)

Last edited:
Havent really gotten a response from anyone. Does no one own a gen 2 Namco Noir cabinet?

Havent really gotten a response from anyone. Does no one own a gen 2 Namco Noir cabinet?
Didn't pick up this one. If you only need 3.3V for the Jammafier, you can get by with a tiny 2USD module as it uses very little power - won't do you any good for Naomi & friends though..

That makes sense. Sega Lindbergh is the same, it has a 24V PSU at the back for the monitor.

So obviously not something you could remove.

Back