What's new

Zerrminator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there,

Just recently signed up here but I've been an arcade owner since about 2008. I've been a gamer since the NES days but my passion has always been arcade games, mostly fighters, beat em ups and shmups etc. I can do a bit of basic stuff like soldering and have made a consolized MVS and RGB modded a PC Engine. Basically I can follow tutorials :) Otherwise I prefer to purchase the well made custom projects from community members which I find the best thing about this community. Currently I have some repro Marquees in the mail from ckong.

I hope to contribute in any way I can. I've already been really impressed with the "no drama" in this place so thank you to the mods for keeping it clean!

My current setup
  • New Astro City - MVS
  • Blast City - Pandora's Box 3 -> planning to be Saturn w/ my Scart to Jamma adapter soon
  • New Net City - Dreamcast w/ Brook Retro Boards
ZSME13w.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome! Nice set-up you got there.

What posters are adorning that space? :D

welcome fellow canadian :)

damn...i'm always amazed how nice those cabs are....
never saw any with own eyes for real ._.

Oh no way! Another fellow Vancouverite into the scene who also has candy cabinets!

Pray tell, where did you get that New Astro City from...? :)

I remember that! Missed out back then, kick myself to this day. What a steal. :P

I ended up buying my 2 NAC’s from the owner of espot in Richmond. The first cab he it took $250 for it. The second time I went back to him he charged me $400. This was maybe 8 years ago.
I remember him offering me Blasts as well but my apartment only had space for 2. In hindsight, I should have bought all his available cabs I put em in storage.

Yep that must have been the same seller I got my NAC from. I paid $460 I think.

I ended up buying my 2 NAC’s from the owner of espot in Richmond. The first cab he it took $250 for it. The second time I went back to him he charged me $400. This was maybe 8 years ago.
I remember him offering me Blasts as well but my apartment only had space for 2. In hindsight, I should have bought all his available cabs I put em in storage.
I got my Blast City from eSpot last year. Left my number with the owner and he called me back a couple months later. I drove there that same night and picked out a Blast from 4 that were lined up running Spikeout. I paid $600 CND.

The cabs are out there in Vancouver you just have to be patient and jump on a deal when you see it. Back in the late 90's there were Candy's ALL OVER. I used to game almost every weekend at the local hot spots... Rush, Lesters, Playdium, CHQ, Yohan and countless other arcades that littered Richmond specifically.

Back in the late 90's there were Candy's ALL OVER. I used to game almost every weekend at the local hot spots... Rush, Lesters, Playdium, CHQ, Yohan and countless other arcades that littered Richmond specifically.
Lesters was a frequent spot for me BITD. Johnny Zee's too! Lester's was the best spot for fighting game competition, at times it would get pretty rough in there too, I've witnessed many fights break out. But it was an amazing place to gauge where you stacked up in a fighting game of your choice.
I've only been to Playdium and CHQ a couple times, but that was an era a bit later than the aforementioned arcades. I remember Johnny Zee's was great for getting the latest game releases, not so many candy cabs, but we'd go there to see what new hotness came out because they'd always update their line-up. It was especially great when the movie theatre there had $2 Tuesday movie tickets. Ahhhhh the nostalgia!!

I'm from East Van, so I'd mainly trekked out to Burnaby for those arcades, or downtown to Movie Land (which still stands!) and Lion's Lair when it was around. Lion's Lair had mainly candy cabinets and showcase cabs, but it was also an e-cafe as well, so you'd get a good mix of arcade and PC gamers show up there. I do miss that place, it was a great spot as well.

There was an arcade in Richmond, down number 3 somewhere that was basically all candy cabs and maybe a few of the misc stuff, music, driving etc. But everything was clearly imported in. This was around 98/99.

All the hot fighting games were lined up near the main entrance on I believe Sega Super Megalo 2's. I specifically remember playing a lot of KOF99 at that time, being the latest KOF and the competition was legit.
https://segaretro.org/Super_Megalo_2

Ah great memories. I wonder where those cabs are now....

ohh man, playing on a megalo was like the movie theatre equivalent of playing games back then. Great times.

Back