What's new

Hatsune Mike

Champion
Reaction score
Got a Dangun Feveron board in, which had flickering graphics and garbage on the bottom of the screen.

iEKhZN2.jpg

(the camera has nicely shown three frames here thanks to a rolling shutter - the left is a correct frame, the center is garbled, and the right is correct)

Someone in the past had replaced the ROMs (but included the originals), and the custom ICs have all been reflowed.

From observing it it became clear that every other frame had correct graphics, while the next was garbled crap.

My first instincts were that one of the two sprite framebuffer DRAMs were bad (smack dab in the middle of the board, next to the SPATTR 013 IC)

q1nIX8q.jpg

I desoldered those two J-lead chips, and transplanted some donor ones from a parts PCB (a dead power instinct 2).

Board booted perfectly, with working graphics.

c4mz1ad.jpg

I just wanted to say that I can vouch for this repair since I was actually there when the OP did it.
My part was making wise cracks and being an overall nuisance. 8o

Nice repair, Mike! I saw your post on N-G and thought, wow you already know what's wrong with it. Great deal on the board too! What's a working one go for these days, $600?

Nice repair, Mike! I saw your post on N-G and thought, wow you already know what's wrong with it. Great deal on the board too! What's a working one go for these days, $600?
I don't even want to know what they cost, but it's gotta be something like that.

And hey, now I can stop playing my conversion PCB.

Back