What's new

YourPalCeej

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the summer, we had an Initial D Arcade Stage 4 cabinet get so clogged with dust, I do believe the GPU fried itself. Which is a crying shame, thanks to needing a special bios for the very elusive GPU.

Anyone here maybe have some lindbergh parts or know a way to frankenstein something together? Many thanks, y'all.

I'm not sure what you get over in Canada, but in the UK eBay quite often has either entire broken Lindberghs or just the graphics cards come up, and usually for a reasonable price.

I have heard of people getting the stock cards, and putting the Sega firmware on them but I'm not sure. Only other option is to get a multi-kit, as some of these allow the game to run with unofficial graphics cards (I think, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Do you know which graphics card you need for Initial D 4? There is the 6800 and the 7800 (and one other I can't remember) and you need to make sure you get the right one or the game might lag.

To confirm your theory of the graphics card being broken, if you stick any old AGP one in there I think at least the bios screen should show? I believe its the actual game executable that checks for the graphics card, and this only happens after Linux has booted so everything before that should show okay?

I'm looking for a 7800 GS AGP, and I'd also be open to hearing about multikit solutions as it could be equally as inexpensive by comparison. I haven't tried throwing anything else in there but I have a spare 7600 from an N2 I could try out and see.

Has anyone ever done a tear down and side by side comparison between the lindbergh 7800gs and the regular consumer one? I doubt Nvidia produced a bespoke range of cards for lindberghs and that they are just consumer ones gimped with a custom firmware as a means of adding additional security to the platform (or ensuring you buy them only from Sega).

i think the main difference is, that lindy uses a 7800gs with the old 5.70 bios.
nearly every common Cards are 5.71 or higher.
the installed lindy Driver (for some games with old Linux Kernel) can only handle the 7.800gs with 5.70 Firmware....
correct me if i´m wrong....

Last edited:
Hi, I have a spare complete Yellow Lindbergh in good working order. Also a graphic card, power supply, Mother board.

Back