What's new

Frank_fjs

Multi Boyz 4 Lyfe
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Is there anything special, unique, out of the ordinary with SEGA system II boards in regards to audio?

I have this adapter:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sega-Sy...pter-arcade-/292936198756?txnId=1657560913019

I cannot get audio output on my Astro City cabinet nor any of my superguns of various brands.

@xodaraP has the same adapter and a different system II pcb with the same result, no audio.

Seems unlikely that both our PCBs are faulty in the audio department.

Thinking maybe the adapter is at fault? I've buzzed it out, seems to be wired correctly. System II pin 19 to jamma pin 10, system II pin W to jamma pin L.

Any insights?

To me there's nothing special about System 1 or 2.
I should get my hands on one soon, I'll let you know.

I'm thinking I have a faulty board. Spent a fortune on original wonderboy, pretty sad for it to not work as I've always wanted this game.

It's a factory system 2 conversion.

I'll be sending it back and obtaining a refund.

I've got a fully working Wonderboy if you're interested Frank. Pretty sure It's from the same seller.

I believe he's sorted the issue out with the seller and getting a replacement with an adapter :)

That's great news! Was just trying to help out and would much rather hang on to it :)

My faulty board is on the way back. Seller promised to send me a working replacment.

Stuck in that limbo period, no PCB, out postage, out an adapter that was supposed to be included but never was, seller has my money and soon my faulty board while I have nothing. Not happy but what can you do.

That sucks Frank. I've dealt with him a few times and he seems to be a reasonable guy. I'm sure it'll all work out.

He does seem reasonable.

Just makes me feel like crap as I've done nothing wrong but am out product and money until it gets resolved.

I have the same adapter and it works on both my System 1 and System 2 boards

@Frank_fjs, I forgot to report but System 1 doesn't have anything special about sound, it does NOT require -5V either.

It was a faulty jamma adapter in the end. Board is fine now. :)

Back