What's new

bobbydilley

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hello - I was wondering if people knew which version of the kernel certain games ran with, and which cards came with which versions of the kernel.

I have a HOTD4 on a Rev A CF card, and so am assuming this is the 2.4 version kernel.

I have a Rev B card as well, and was wondering if this was the 2.4 or the 2.6 kernel?

I also have Let's Go Jungle + Let's Go Jungle Special, and was wondering what versions of the kernel/cf card these came with originally? Does anyone have an original Lindbergh with Let's Go Jungle where they know what revision card this came with?

Thanks,

Bobby

If you install the game from the DVD, as part of the install process it will update/overwrite the cf card with the required kernel.

Do you know if there is a way to work out what kernel a game needs? I'm trying to find out what kernel Let's Go Jungle Special originally ran on (I'm assuming the same as Let's go Jungle) but I don't have access to the CF card or an original installation DVD...

I have the install DVD for Let's Go Jungle (DVP-0011) and the security chip, so I can install it later and see what it writes to the CF.
Might have to wait until the weekend...

Thank you very much for the offer - I went ahead and tried a 2.4 kernel (rev B CF) with Let's Go Jungle Special and it fixed all the issues I had including sound errors and slowdowns! So now I've got a nice fully working version of LGJSP.

For Reference I believe:

2.4 Kernel:

After Burner Climax
Let's Go Jungle
Let's Go Jungle Special
The House Of The Dead 4
The House Of The Dead 4 Special
Outrun2 SP SDX (Added from doozer's comment)

2.6 Kernel:

Everything else?

Last edited:
Back