What's new
I myself am half Irish & French
Haha, I'm actually Irish & French Canadian myself. ;)

Yes I didn't mean any harm in this thread, I actually have allot of respect for the French people in general.

My only desire is to order a damn CPS1 multicart... As it stands I've got a Final Fight, a SF2CE, and I'm looking to buy a GnG.
All these different boards for the same system is getting old/expensive! :P

Just one thing : i don't know why Aje doesn't want to sell his CSP1 kit to you (Americans ?)

But what i know is that he only make some little batches of it (maybe 4-5 every...2 months ?? or even less), and a lot of people still wait for it...
I believe he doesn't want to make promises he can't handle... and satisfy his friends from the (french) forum

I don't know, but at least it's not like on the neo-geo.com forum where some says explicitly they will not deal with "French" (because of some french fuckheads/bootleggers)

Peace...

If the creator really wants no part in an American market, would it be wrong for Darksoft to clone the design and sell it to (USA) us?
You can't lose money on sales if you would never accept said sales in the first place.

If the creator really wants no part in an American market, would it be wrong for Darksoft to clone the design and sell it to (USA) us?
You can't lose money on sales if you would never accept said sales in the first place.
When I messaged the maker aje_fr about it, he said he wanted to keep things local while the product was still in a 'beta' state. He was still correcting things, adding support for new ROMs, etc etc.

As far as I know, he's only made several of them to date. And Darksoft is on the waiting list for one.

Maybe DS could help him do a full on production run... who knows.

I don't come here from a while and it looks that we have talked about me :D

Well, kuze said almost all for me.
This board was in beta state and for update purpose it was easiest to privilege french users.
Also, this project was born on a french forum, why should not I give priority to French ?

Right now, board is working just fine, once all french waiting list will be cleared, orders will be open internationally.

@Derick2k, but maybe USA will be the last one :D :P

This board was in beta state and for update purpose it was easiest to privilege french users.
Also, this project was born on a french forum, why should not I give priority to French ?

Right now, board is working just fine, once all french waiting list will be cleared, orders will be open internationally.

Awesome news!
Been following your project for some time now and will definitely order a CPS1 multi once they go international :)

Just as an heads-up, what is your estimated retail price?

@Derick2k, but maybe USA will be the last one
Aje, nice to see you chime in on this.

First, by my comments, I meant no disrespect towards you or anyone else on any level.

Second, congrats on and thank you for the awesome work you are doing with the CPS1. :thumbup:

I am super excited that you will be opening up to international sales.

Also, have you considered recreating the A board for the CPS1? As it seems to be the one that fails most often out of the 3 boards.

Thanks for the update aje_fr! Glad to hear that everything is working fine. You know I'd love to get on the waiting list when it comes time. :D

I remember reading on Neo Arcadia that people were asking for Q sound support to be added; do you think that feature could perhaps be feasible? It would be so awesome to play Cads and Dinos with correct sound and no CPS1.5 board.

If QSound couldn't be added to your board, would your B board be compatible with an actual QSound board?

Please let us know once you open up international orders, I am very excited for this!

Awesome! I hope you do decide to sell internationally. My cps2 multi would be a great cab to hold a cps1 multi as well. Maybe even running off of a jamma switcher.

Does this French CPS1 multi support games like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs perfectly? I know that's CPS1.5, therefore my question.

I would like a multi CPS1 too..my captain commando Jamma actually suicide years ago...would definitely purchase a multi kits if it's available.

I am very interested as well to order once it is ready to go international!

I too would buy one in a heartbeat when available :).

You can add me to the "Oh My God I Want One!" list. :) I'm always flabbergasted at the brainpower and ingenuity that is required to create these multi-systems. For folks like Darksoft, aje-fr, Mitsurugi-w, etc., I'm sure this is all pretty simple and basic stuff that comes easily to them. For folks like me who only know enough programming language and electrical engineering to get myself in trouble, it's incredible.

Although I'll likely have to wait a long time in order to get one of these, at least I know that when it becomes available to us here in the states it will be fully tested and fleshed out. So in a way, aje-fr is being kinder to us non-French folks than he is to his French buddies! ;) :)

Does this French CPS1 multi support games like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs perfectly? I know that's CPS1.5
I would guess support for CPS1.5 games would come by using a CPS1.5 motherboard with the multi.

CPS1.5 conversions play perfectly IF you use a 1.5 mobo...
Conversions can even run on a CPS1 mobo, but you must remove the Qsound.

Does this French CPS1 multi support games like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs perfectly? I know that's CPS1.5
I would guess support for CPS1.5 games would come by using a CPS1.5 motherboard with the multi.
CPS1.5 conversions play perfectly IF you use a 1.5 mobo...
Conversions can even run on a CPS1 mobo, but you must remove the Qsound.
There are a lot of peeps doing CPS1.5 game conversions to use the CPS1 mobo nowadays since the CPS1 mobo is more attainable. I wonder if a reproduction of the CPS1 mobo could be done at a low cost with newer, more reliable components?!

There are a lot of peeps doing CPS1.5 game conversions to use the CPS1 mobo nowadays since the CPS1 mobo is more attainable. I wonder if a reproduction of the CPS1 mobo could be done at a low cost with newer, more reliable components?!
Sure but if the conversion uses a CPS1 mobo you can't have Qsound, so they are replacing the music (with music from other CPS games) or its just silent.

The CPS1 mobo uses some custom chips from Capcom, even IF everything was completely documented (its not)...
We would still need to pay a fab to put the design (back) into production.

Back