What's new
There are a lot of peeps doing CPS1.5 game conversions to use the CPS1 mobo nowadays since the CPS1 mobo is more attainable. I wonder if a reproduction of the CPS1 mobo could be done at a low cost with newer, more reliable components?!
Sure but if the conversion uses a CPS1 mobo you can't have Qsound, so they are replacing the music (with music from other CPS games) or its just silent.
The CPS1 mobo uses some custom chips from Capcom, even IF everything was completely documented (its not)...
We would still need to pay a fab to put the design (back) into production.
Forgot about Qsound. Well maybe some talented soul will be able to recreate the A board to go along with a multi kit, at least for the cps1. CPS1.5 boards are getting much harder to get.

i definitely wont lie i'd love to get a solid solution for a multi game kit for cps1 as well... especially to play cadillacs and dinosaurs & punisher

Wow, there are some SALTY people downvoting posts in this thread.

If the creator doesn't want to sell overseas because of potential quality issues with his board, that's fine. I can dig it.

If they don't want to sell to the western hemisphere because they hate americans and canadians, that's cool too. It's totally their prerogative.

It's a shame though, because they're not doing much to eschew that snobby french stereotype we westerners seem to have.

especially to play cadillacs and dinosaurs & punisher
You will need a CPS1.5 motherboard... Or, roms patched with no/replaced (Q-)sounds.
The multi only takes the place of the game board, it still needs/works with an original motherboard.

NOT ALL CPS1 BOARDS ARE EQUAL!
  1. CPS1 Longboard 10mhz
  2. CPS1 Shortboard 10mhz
  3. CPS1'(Dash) 12mhz
  4. CPS1.5 12mhz Q-Sound
1 & 2 are totally interchangeable, because of my available cab space I prefer shortboards.
3 was the first to include the 12mhz M68k, you CAN run a 10mhz B-board on a 12mhz A-board, but NOT a 12mhz B-board on a 10mhz A-board.
4 is basically the 12mhz revision but also including Q-Sound chips, games that use Q-Sound must have this board to work properly.

I did have all 4 revisions of the CPS1, however my preference for 10mhz Shortboards lead me to trade my last 10mhz Longboard.
No multi can fix this problem, if you want games like Punisher/Caddys & Dino's to run properly/correctly you'll simply need a CPS1.5 A-board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget that the Q-Sound ROMs for each CPS1.5 game are on the Q-Sound board.

So even if you technically could use aje_fr's current multi on a CPS1.5 A/B board set, you'd still have to burn EPROMs for Q-Sound independent of the multi.

Any new news on this hitting America? I just scored a pair of suicided CPS 1.5 stacks that i'd love to use for this.

I just scored a pair of suicided CPS 1.5 stacks that i'd love to use for this.
I don't even know for sure if his multi PCB B-board supports CPS 1.5 games... It should work in theory, because we CAN make SF2CE / CPS1.5 conversions with a 1.5 motherboard.

I'd love to be a Guinea pig and try it out. Maybe we'll get the chance someday.

So when will Pablo take over this CPS1 project and let more people have access to this great solution of aje? :love:

So when will Pablo take over this CPS1 project and let more people have access to this great solution of aje? :love:
good question..... one at a time. My hands are full now.
Sounds like a commitment to me :D
But seriously, take your time, I'd rather have a decent MVS cart instead of a half finished MVS and a half finished CPS.

Current timeline of ideas/projects looks something like this I guess?
1. MVS
2. DECO
3. Taito F3
4. PGM
5. CPS1?

My Darksoft timeline/roadmap wishlists reads like this...
  1. MVS
  2. F3
  3. CPS1
  4. M92
  5. System32 (now that GA2 has conversion sets?)
Special note about the M92, guys this is another seriously underrated platform.
It also has some conversion roms ready to go, so DS should have something solid to start with.

My Darksoft timeline/roadmap wishlists reads like this...
  1. MVS
  2. F3
  3. CPS1
  4. M92
  5. System32 (now that GA2 has conversion sets?)
Special note about the M92, guys this is another seriously underrated platform.
It also has some conversion roms ready to go, so DS should have something solid to start with.
Not to keep this thread on a tangent, but it seems like m92 boards are few and far between, and crazy $$$$$. You got the hook-up jassin? What is the board most people find to convert? At least I can find F3s, or cps1 a's and not break the bank. System32 seems pricey as well but not quite as bad.

You got the hook-up jassin? What is the board most people find to convert?
Hook-up? No I just wait and watch for that fair deal, which is all I've ever gotten.
Zero "hook-ups" I'm afraid... M92 game to convert? Major Title 2/Skins Game! :D

Y2aVrva.jpg

Into...
1n2ln7B.jpg

QBsJtd2.jpg

My "In the Hunt" is real, it's not the rarity that R-Type Leo is...
jW40nEq.jpg

PET4uR0.jpg

nXbza2i.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh guys what a lame exercise of forum lameness a couple replies ago. Glad you guys made up and everyone is nice again. Every single French forum I interacted with was very nice to me and people were educated. I even tried my best to interact properly with people using their own language. (That sure helps post in French at a French forum, huh? And to allow no space to doubt I put English equivalent text at the bottom of the post)

Awesome experience. Please watch for cultural differences when applying things like sarcasm. Those do work differently on each culture and take praise/criticism with a grain of salt. Common sense.

Now, regarding CPS1 multi, I am curious how would AjeFR would feel if he had competition on CPS1 multi?
I have the feeling that he made his project for the fun of doing it, so he and his friends could enjoy this marvelous gaming platform that CPS1 is.

Regarding CPS 1.5, you can't use a CPS1 A board from a CPS1.5 board stack for CPS1 games because it lacks the YM2152, OKI and Z80.
You would need to stuff all those positions with parts to make it into a capable CPS1 board. That is because CPS 1.5 has a separate sound board with it's own Z80 (kabuki) Qsound DSP and sound ROMs.

Back