What's new

FrizzleFried

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a way to run CPS1 games in my Capcom Anthologies cabinet... what is my best option? SURE, i'd love to get a multigame from the French guy, but it doesn't seem like he's interested in selling to a dirty American. SO, what options do I have?

I've tried the Pandora's Box 3 cart... it seemed to play CP1 games decently enough... and I can turn all games off except CPS1 games... but I am no expert.

Opinions?

Frizz man I'm in the same boat as you!
I soooo want that French guy's multi, but it seems he just don't care about selling to us USA scum-bags. :P

Can Darksoft help us out and "borrow" the design to put into mass-production?

I think Darksoft should make his own, better version of a multi for the CPS1. Better yet, make both boards as a complete solution all in 1 CPS1 setup. I would buy it. Screw the racist French guy, hope he chokes on a baguette.

In case Darksoft makes a multi, I am ready, picked up this CPS1 today.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Also, have an IGS PGM and Taito F3 motherboards eagerly awaiting Darksoft to make multikits.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong... But for the CPS1 multi I believe you need a SF2CE B/C-board.

Also, games like Forgotten Worlds will boot, but lack the controls for the spinner joystick (so it will never play correctly).

As I understood it, the French guy makes his own B board, so he says his B board supports the spinner. You need A and C boards, he recommends to use B-21 C board. At the end of the day, I love Megaman games so for me this is a win win, I have a game that I like to play, and if they make a multi board for it I should be able to use what I have, hopefully. Like Mitsu stated on another thread, whoever makes a multi should also consider making the A board as well as part of the kit as this is the hardest part to find so far.

I too would dig a CPS1 Multi. And to echo Derick2k - a Taito F3 and PGM IGS (my hardware waits for multikits). That said, I am willing to wait a bit because I can't drop all that cash at once :)

By the way, does anyone know what steps are required to make a Taito GNET into a Multi-system?

It's better to be French than American or Canadian, because we multi cps1 what you don't. :thumbsup:

Anyway, the games have also to be worked on pretty much like what Avalaunch is doing with CPS2. Just a hint. ;)

At least French women decided to start shaving their armpits over the last two decades. Therefore I have no qualms.

Seriously though, those French language only forums have some very talented hackers and designers. That's why I'm glad we have some of them as members.

Yes I want a CPS1 multi also.

It's better to be French than American or Canadian
Well it's never great to be a Canadian....

Day-old baguettes make great play swords. Peace out.

By the way, does anyone know what steps are required to make a Taito GNET into a Multi-system?
Might be better to open a new thread so others can see but it's pretty simple. It involves burning an eprom with the multi firmware, changing a jumper on the pcb, allowing the firmware to update itself. Then you need to buy a PCMCIA CF adapter and copy a game to the CF.

That's about it.

Thanks for proving why I don't deal with France French people. 8o
Because French people only sell to an elite and you are no elite. 8)

Now, if you want some serious talk about it, name a forum and we will proceed there; this place is not for you acting like a spoiled child because you can't have the toy you want. Calling racism over that should already have had you banned from here.

This is a peaceful place, not a tea-party reunion. ^^

At least French women decided to start shaving their armpits over the last two decades. Therefore I have no qualms.

Seriously though, those French language only forums have some very talented hackers and designers. That's why I'm glad we have some of them as members.
Honestly, if Darksoft and Avalaunch take on it, they can do it. They have all the knownledge.

Ok guys, lets take it down a notch. I am totally fine with French peeps, my neighbor is French and I love her cooking.

The guy not wanting to sell his kit to anyone else outside of France might have very good reasons for it. He is still an asshole in my book. Its like the guys that made the "unicorn in the wild" HDMI board for the NES, its not for sale yet. They also need to vet installers that they deem worthy of installing his kit, what the fuck is that? All I can say is people are strange creatures.

Look, I am sure Darksoft can make a multi kit for the CPS1 if he wants too, hell he could probably replicate all 3 cps1 board, improve it and make it a multi kit. Would it make financial sense to him to undertake this and does he have the time? I dont know. All I know is that I would buy it if he did and thats all I care about. I can trust the him and the products he makes.

I think the sarcasm has gotten lost in translation. I don't think anyone was being blatantly racist but being sarcastic. Notice the Americans here referred to themselves as dirty Americans or US scumbags. Obviously the French guy never said that to us so it is by definition a sarcastic joke.

Braintrash, English isn't your first language so I just think you are taking it too personal.

That being said, if anyone else feels the need to talk shit about each other's nationalities then just keep it to yourself and let's get this thread back in topic. I know noone was trying to be truly offensive.

We welcome guests of all nationalities and languages so we want people to feel welcome here. Let's be respectful to each other.

@Braintrash - Dude you seriously need to calm down, no one in this forum is being racist or anything of the like. Please read through and understand the context and manner in which things are being said before you go off making remarks. We all poke fun at each other in this forum from time to time. I dont care about where the fuck you or anyone else is from in the world. We are all human beings, we live in the same planet and we have a global economy, ecosystems. What happens in part affects another. If you think our comments in regards to the "French guy" and his kit was some type or racist, derogatory remark towards France and its people, you have a lot to learn my friend. For all I know, that guy might not even be a French national, and in the end does it matter if he is or isnt? Mitsurugi explained it best.

I myself am half Irish & French, I grew up in a spanish country and then transplanted to the US. I have been around and dealt with a lot of people in my life. I am sarcastic by nature and I will poke fun and comment about everyone when I feel the need to. I dont discriminate or sugar coat things when it comes to saying something about someone or something, everyone gets it from me the same way, I tell it the way it is. You respect me, I respect you. You are an asshole, I will treat you like an asshole.

Anyway, lets get this thread back on topic, which is having Darksoft or someone else make a multikit for the CPS1 that will sell them to us dirty, scumbag, non elite Americans :P

Mods please feel free to edit, delete as needed.

Last edited:
Back