What's new
I couldn't care less about Neo Geo CD support. If it never happens I won't even notice.
I have read lot of comments and feedback about this feature today, lot of people want it.
So it's not so much "useless". And will be free for us without to pay additionnal hardware for our Neo Geo CD/CDZ.
Darksoft MultiMVS/MultiAES is a great piece of hardware for a more reasonnable price and a true support.

I was disappointed about Rob from RetroRGB who said earlier about T.O who was a bad company and bad support and Darksoft made reliable products and have a good support.
And now he totally changed his mind, he received units for review for NeoSD Pro and MegaSD and has sell his mind about this. Becoming almost close friends to them.
Rob tried to censorship my comment about defending the MultiMVS (for me Darksoft project is much much better than the expansive T.O one) but now he says that :

Capture.png

T.O stole features and we are stupid kids like he said...
What a shame about a famous Youtuber who show retrogaming stuff.

Last edited:
You're not the first one telling us about these type of practices. You all know what to expect when you deal with them. Now...everyone is free to decide what they buy.

Let's focus please on the topic, we don't want any flame or drama.

I couldn't care less about Neo Geo CD support. If it never happens I won't even notice.
I have read lot of comments and feedback about this feature today, lot of people want it.So it's not so much "useless". And will be free for us without to pay additionnal hardware for our Neo Geo CD/CDZ.
Darksoft MultiMVS/MultiAES is a great piece of hardware for a more reasonnable price and a true support.

I was disappointed about Rob from RetroRGB who said earlier about T.O who was a bad company and bad support and Darksoft made reliable products and have a good support.
And now he totally changed his mind, he received units for review for NeoSD Pro and MegaSD and has sell his mind about this. Becoming almost close friends to them.
Rob tried to censorship my comment about defending the MultiMVS (for me Darksoft project is much much better than the expansive T.O one) but now he says that :

Capture.png

T.O stole features and we are stupid kids like he said...
What a shame about a famous Youtuber who show retrogaming stuff.
He reviews items unbiased and will call out their failures if there are any.. he's literally a consumer and when a product is good he'll praise it.. if it's bad he will point it out..

He reviews items unbiased and will call out their failures if there are any.. he's literally a consumer and when a product is good he'll praise it.. if it's bad he will point it out..
Given that the product is still really untested by the customers this was more of a promotional video in the guise of a review. I am not sure he did enough testing on it to actually document its failures / bugs. Only time will tell if this "review" was indeed a review.

Given that the product is still really untested by the customers this was more of a promotional video in the guise of a review. I am not sure he did enough testing on it to actually document its failures / bugs. Only time will tell if this "review" was indeed a review.
Yeah. I'm a big fan of RetroRGB but with any new product you either go in on a pre-order with the understanding that you're going to be a beta tester or wait a while for all the bugs to get sorted and for impressions to form. For example, I waited a year on the Super NT and got an awesome product. On the other hand, I per-ordered the MegaSG and it is only now with the latest update that I am happy with it.

We have been working over 4 weeks with the bug with sound dissapearing.It's been a hell to troubleshoot and even harder to find the reason. We'll get it solved. We just wanted to let you know that we are going as fast as we can.
Just got my MultiAES, and I am enjoying it a lot! But back to the firmware talk, it has been 4 weeks since your last post about this sound bug. Made any progress? I've seen it worst in windjammers myself. Thanks again for the great product and support!

Also wondering about that bug, @Darksoft

First there was no sound, solder fix workes that out... but ever since, all I've had is some of the audio, most of the game intros are silent.

I know you have been working on it, and I appreciate that....and that it's a type of work that is hard to know what the timeline is, but any update about where you're at with it would be helpful.

I'm pretty sure the silent intros is a bug involving the system type. If you have no intro music set it to AES mode in the menu when using the AES cart on an AES system. Try that.

As for the disappearing sound bug, still working on it.

... most of the game intros are silent.
If you have a UniBIOS, when the game starts up, hold down A + B + C to access the UniBIOS menu, then go into the SoftDIP settings and hit D to reset them to defaults. Then exit the menu.

That workaround has restored the intro audio on many games for me, in addition to resolving other glitches.

You can also hit Start + Select and soft reboot to access the UniBIOS menu if you missed your chance when the game first started up.

The silent intro happens when you switch to certain games. A prime example of this is switching from Metal Slug to Magician Lord.

Yep, the scrambled SoftDIPs happen whenever you switch games.

The symptoms vary by game. Some games have intro music issues. Some (like NAM-1975) won’t let you even start the game. Others, like Art of Fighting 1, have gameplay issues like 10 second, one win rounds.

In all cases, going into the UniBIOS and resetting the SoftDIPs to defaults whenever you change games resolves the issues.

When updating, update the firmware first then menu or visa versa?
Don't want to screw things up.

thanx

downloaded the new firmware updated, rebooted and all I'm get is a grey screen. is it bricked?

make sure that you wait long enough so update is finished. Remember that firmware and menu go together so you need to update them both.

Ok got it back working again.

In the update post, downloaded the Aug 29 firmware. Is there an Aug 29 update to the menu? I'm on july 13, 2019.

I'm using hd retrovision cables on my Neo-Geo. When I first updated the firmware, the TV said it can not process the video signal. Kinda scared me for a minute.

If a new firmware update was present a message should be present to continue and have some kind of status bar on what's going on.

Another question, is Axel F. music programmed specifically for the neo geo? If so, is there a tutorial on how to program music? It almost sounds like a scream tracker mod file from back in the day.

thanx

Another question, is Axel F. music programmed specifically for the neo geo? If so, is there a tutorial on how to program music? It almost sounds like a scream tracker mod file from back in the day.
Yes, it was an amiga tune converted to NeoGeo.

If a new firmware update was present a message should be present to continue and have some kind of status bar on what's going on.
That is nice but will complicate things a lot.

Back