What's new
Hmmmm... I think something is very wrong... I did the update - and no sound, at all...

Now the cart won't even boot up. I am going to try and revert firmware and see if that works.

Hi,

Same troubles like you => Rollback and it's ok ;)

Menu version is still showing oct 8 2019 , new fpga firmware flashed but im getting no sound...

forgot to mention.. tried changing the menu music track and got a z80 error

Somehow - I had my SCART switch go out - so once I fixed that, I did roll back, but still no audio.... Will keep troubleshooting.

I do not have any sound - at least coming out of the front 1/8 mini jack. I don't have any other cartridge to test with... I can try and dig up a regular composite cable and see if I have some coming out of that.

No Sound here either. Rolled back, No sound. Reflashed, No sound. I'm getting z80 errors as well. My terraonion cart works peachy. Why do I have a feeling the cart is fried??? a $500 down the crapper. Not Very Happy at the moment.

Last edited:
@Darksoft - I think for the "rollback" you need to also update with an earlier CPLD file. I was troubleshooting with you and you sent me 8-27-2019 version. I rolled back to the old firmware/menu and then switched to this CPLD, and sound came back.

let me know if you want me to post the CPLD file I have, or if you want to officially update the rollback firmware pack with it.

Did some more testing - the CPLD file in the newest firmware pack is what is causing the sound to die... I upgraded just the firmware and top file - no problem, but when I did the CPLD file, sound died.

the roll back firmware does not have a cpld. Do you have a copy of the previous firmware?

The pack had the wrong CPLD file and it's what was causing the sound to dissapear. File with FW was updated in the same place.

@acidrain97 your cart is not fried and if it were, we'll help you fix it. This is not Terraonion. Just install the files I just updated and it should fix it.

@mathewbeall, @beast1x5, @Seb34

The pack had the wrong CPLD file and it's what was causing the sound to dissapear. File with FW was updated in the same place.

@acidrain97 your cart is not fried and if it were, we'll help you fix it. This is not Terraonion. Just install the files I just updated and it should fix it.

Yeah !

Great for me

Sound and double reset are fixed !

Thank you ;)

Everything is working proper now!! Thanks @Darksoft

Hubba hubba , I'm in the pink!!!!

-Terry Bogard

Good job.. Yep everything is working again. Turned it on and no random glitchy graphics or file system corruption. Always a treat to hear AXEL. F in its glorious fashion... Ran a few games no weird things yet.

I'm always paranoid about updating firmware in the event something will destroy my console. Probably been asked before but is it possible some day to get neo geo cd's running?

Also is it possible to run homebrew on your cart?

Other than that thank you for fixing things. We old people love our Neo Geo's.

Everything is working proper now!! Thanks @Darksoft
Hubba hubba , I'm in the pink!!!!

-Terry Bogard
better than the stink... like i was last night. Happy now!

Everything is working proper now!! Thanks @DarksoftHubba hubba , I'm in the pink!!!!

-Terry Bogard
better than the stink... like i was last night. Happy now!
im under the assumption you don't play fatal fury special... but okay!

I'm still having sound issues. Don't know if I did the update correctly
wOqOV0e.jpg

Im having trouble finding info on whether neo cd is supported? the forum search is not very specific.

Back