What's new
@Fargon a new version called r1110 was posted in the first post of this thread. Please use that one. Also looks like you didn't update the menu. It should show October 8th 2019.

Let us know how it goes after update. Just copy all the files in the \update folder. If everything went well, the files will be deleted.
To update the menu, copy the menu folder also into /update.

I've updated and I don't have any sound either (menu is October 8th and firmware is r1110), and in the menu I have a Z80 error when trying to enable the music.
I tried to revert but I don't have sound with the previous firmware. Do you have any hint?

Last edited:
I don’t really know (do I have to open the console?), but here is the information below the console: Neo 0, rating 8w, serial 85982. There is a Unibios 4.0. If you want more information, please let me know.

you dont need to open it. Just open the trap for the cartridge and look on the right of the motherboard with your mobile phone's torch. It should say something like NEO-AES or NEO-AES 3-5

It is 3.4. Thank you for the very fast and responsive support BTW!

Are you sure that the update went well? What does it say the section ABOUT of the menu? Picture please.

And is working well with original carts? Show a picture of your PSU please.

It looks like my Neo Geo is dying (I didn't boot it up for a long time), cause I can't boot the few original games I have (unless my games are dying too...).

Here is a picture of the menu:
toto.jpg

My PSU is this one:
https://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=164&cat=20&page=1

Anyway, I'll see if I can get it repaired, unless you think I messed up with the firmware.

I would say if you original games aren't working there is something wrong with your console or your PS.

Hmmm that Firmware is not updated. See the number 0x03e4. That is the firmware 996. You should install the newest one, by copying the files onto the microSD in the directory /update. If update went well you'll see the files deleted and the FW will now show 0x0456.

On the top of that as @mathewbeall very well stated, if your console doesnt work with regular carts, the multi won't fix it. That PSU that you showed scared me a little. The negative pin is outside the plug, when it should be inside. I would say that you need a new PSU and that may fix your issues.

NEW MENU and Firmware November 26nd 2019. Check here: Darksoft's MultiAES. Latest Firmware, Menu and Instructions

Everything should work properly without any kind of glitches in all motherboards. The region select has been deactivated to confirm that it's 100% fixed.

Please let us know how it works for you. Thanks.
Testing latest firmware and menu on the CBOX (MVS-1C). The new menu works very well with firmware r1102. The r1111 produce graphical glitches in menu and games so that i have to roll back to fw r1102.

The new firmware has all these graphical glitches. So I had to roll back to the previous one.

The new firmware has all these graphical glitches. So I had to roll back to the previous one.
The same ... i'm go back to the old firmware ... again.

Dark Soft, an idea of when the graphical glishes problem will be resolved please ?

Have a good day.

Bye

Currently using Smokemonster's roll up neo geo pak. I'm always getting 238 out of 239. I have 240 directories. Is it always supposed to say that or is there one missing?

I too still get a ton of glitching. Booting to menu seems to minimize it. Setting it to games or games list everything will glitch like crazy.

Back