What's new

PascalP

Legendary
Reaction score
Finally got around testing my recently bought System 357 and Tekken 6 HDD and Dongle

All is connected to JVS, additional 5v power supply for the 2 pin connector.

When it boots I briefly see the XMB/PS3 home screen and it directly boots Tekken 6 from the drive.

After a while loading I get this error:
USB KEY ERROR: NOT FOUND

Tried the USB key in both USB ports and also competely without the key, all the same.
The key however has a blue light which lights up, so I assume the USB ports are working...?

Last edited:
Also on the assembler forum he looks to be inactive?

Jackalus was last seen:

Jul 20, 2017

I was actually just trying this also because I bought a lot on three untested 357 pcbs and they all turned out to work. :)

So I put my T6 hdd and dongle that I bought years ago into it and, yep, it booted to a USB key error. Same as you I thought it was a dongle error so I made s new dongle and still the same error.

So in my research I found that it's actually a Firmware issue. So if any other game (including t6 live monitor) was installed on that PCB at one time it had the FW updated which disabled the ability for T6 to boot.

One of the repair centers I do business with told me that years ago Namco sent them a dongle to use to downgrade the firmware so they could use other 357 pcbs to repair a T6 cab. Unfortunately they dont know where that dongle is. :(

I was actually just trying this also because I bought a lot on three untested 357 pcbs and they all turned out to work. :)

So I put my T6 hdd and dongle that I bought years ago into it and, yep, it booted to a USB key error. Same as you I thought it was a dongle error so I made s new dongle and still the same error.

So in my research I found that it's actually a Firmware issue. So if any other game (including t6 live monitor) was installed on that PCB at one time it had the FW updated which disabled the ability for T6 to boot.

One of the repair centers I do business with told me that years ago Namco sent them a dongle to use to downgrade the firmware so they could use other 357 pcbs to repair a T6 cab. Unfortunately they dont know where that dongle is. :(
well so this could potentially mean I bought a bunch of paper weights or they would have to find that USB stick in a desk drawer somewhere...

Or how about updating my Tekken 6 HDD + Dongle to Tekken 6BR, is this possible or would I just need a replacement HDD + Dongle?

Yeah you can put t6br in there. One of my pcbs came with a t6br hdd but no dongle so I made a replacement. You cant just use and hdd tho as the drive ID is part of the protection.

Damn, looks like I will have to find another HDD then, or wait till someone can crack the protection and update my current drive to DR :(

I have a solution for this problem now. One of my contacts received a newer version that actually shipped on newer FW than T6:BR. T6 was released on FW 1.89. T6:BR was released on FW 2.51. This version shipped on a 3.40 fw motherboard and has been confirmed to work on 2.51, 3.40, and 3.60 that newer games used. :)

Sweet, still to late for me though...
Sold the 357 motherboard to someone and it died in transit :(

only have a HDD and dongle left of someone needs one

I have a solution for this problem now. One of my contacts received a newer version that actually shipped on newer FW than T6:BR. T6 was released on FW 1.89. T6:BR was released on FW 2.51. This version shipped on a 3.40 fw motherboard and has been confirmed to work on 2.51, 3.40, and 3.60 that newer games used. :)
i have a Tekken 6br on the case it has a 3.40fw ,then after 2months ,it does not boot only has an error80022c81 , in boot

It's means that i need a hdd from yoy without the dongle version?

And if the fw 3.40 in the system 357 can now play the tekken tag tournament 2 unlimited?

I think the error is a HDD error so you would need a HDD with matching dongle.

Tekken Tag 2 cannot run on 357. There is a lot more different than just FW causing that not to run.

I think the error is a HDD error so you would need a HDD with matching dongle.

Tekken Tag 2 cannot run on 357. There is a lot more different than just FW causing that not to run.
so does a solution is just get the tekken 6 br to you (ssd) and the system 357 will boot without the dongle

If you want Tekken 6 or Tekken 6: BR to running on 357 then you need a dongle. With 357 it's pretty easy to clone the hdd and dongle but I dont have any with hacked security. At least I dont have any available to me.

There is a version of tektag2u and t6:br that play on 369 and have security hacked so no dongle is needed and any drive can be used.

If you want Tekken 6 or Tekken 6: BR to running on 357 then you need a dongle. With 357 it's pretty easy to clone the hdd and dongle but I dont have any with hacked security. At least I dont have any available to me.

There is a version of tektag2u and t6:br that play on 369 and have security hacked so no dongle is needed and any drive can be used.
thanks Mitsu

Maybe i just gonna sell my system357 tekken 6br in 3.40fw and just stick in getting some system 369

20200703035929uvd.jpeg

bad dongle

Back