What's new

thxkbye

Beginner
Reaction score
So my vewlix came with the nastiest dirtiest fans possible. The fans in the monitor were especially bad, so I replaced them with a 12v 3 wire fan. Now when i turn on the machine I get a message in the bottom left corner of the monitor that says, "Alert please check fans". The fans are spinning. The fans i removed is an ICFAN E232190 24v 0.1a fan.

Anyone replaced these before? I would like to use a quieter fan and would hate to replace them with the exact model unless i have to, they would need to come from china and it will take awhile to get them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ztwDt3kn1Z8yMv9AMfige3iUYVS9ICjOrJRiYUcVtexmitpU6JqztHteoT3_ouMVv6Nv2kz-ifMYX9bxGBim4CDlw7Y1pvVzp7ZflISkL7G_AL-WcTKIa6h-WJRSm-I1gpv6ssP-HOCiBQ56T50_j6ux4t6qsvotjm1fyzPB-SB0IdFfITMOo_1ZgSNC8im2un3Vcw5-lnENoS8fSam5QCwe2d85gCKaMgpbU5Stip0OrjcaKBDmTb0tojfjYJ5LReG7SRq9fVbbwSR9PEygMDLJTpSKFfdAqtwbsclic3dKrYHFUswrWIK6gDNQl8czXByOMKBRhXGYgUEe379wrnIEWEduiuNtywh4-TCDhHqpJhcuzlSypMfLjCg5wQRLnBgJWLtKI3Ktf6tEQKGjCc8nOqm5dquz3JE7lDvT77OemsMoEXcE7ssDGZIHgFr4L9rzJ_Uo3BH76DI3vkoZ72sko9J44Kw7x4HQrmd-fOwT_yDL8ioMts3_yK0XO6DW82PzY_JBKR2fZSJO6ho4N5eAAB5y-07jfkbIP44krLd0eCBqSMUfr864e7zEgactq3cOYGdgsyWt3VvEHKa59PisCnVAbQCeQagfz2DEplEhupZWnOtSFRjl3da7B2ZwwihrtCXeUAieA8gjoaa_mm8YvzWtaU9zC7Yz6_jAaVo1ODCLpSVfMep7bgXYGjtTBvYk9AZPFQ5Jvyawpj5iC3nYlw=w1436-h1077-no

Last edited:
Searching that fan model ICFAN E232190 brings up various third party sellers and they all look like knock offs, some 2 wire some 3 wire. I assume the ones you removed are going to be 3 wire so to provide some feedback to the monitor (hence it knows if they are running or not), first thing that springs to mind is you replaced a 24V fan with a 12V, perhaps the speed is too slow and below the threshold triggering that alert?

Also worth noting this probably isn't in the most appropriate section, Forum support rather than the general arcade tech help @Darksoft @Mitsurugi-w could someone move this please. Actually just taking a look at the threads in the forum section this is the third viewlix thread in less than a week?

Last edited:
Sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, i saw other vewlix posts so followed suit, please move if needed or let me know where this should go. Really would like to get this resolved, and Im not sure what to do. Thanks!

Far as I'm aware only the Sanwa model LCD has the fans inside it, I removed/sold mine.
aZobydY.jpg

Yes I know the official Taito replacements are expensive/not for everyone, but I think they are well worth it...
Fans inside a monitor are stupid, these panels are dim as hell and 1360x768 isn't 1920x1080.
The only thing the Sanwa LCD was ever good for was low lag, and now they have better (so it's worthless).

I cant afford to replace the entire monitor at this time. So replacing the fans would be nice, the monitor works the warning message is annoying.

The only thing the Sanwa LCD was ever good for was low lag, and now they have better (so it's worthless).
What's the better one? How much was it? I'm not sure if anything I run actually needs 1080p, but maybe someday... but if it's better in-general then maybe I'd upgrade. I would hate to upgrade to 1080p and then have older stuff run poorly due to the extra scaling though.

What's the better one? How much was it?
The New New LCD Taito sells I believe has the lowest lag in the entire family.
It also can do 1920x1080, removes the fans and consolidates the separate PSU.
Same price as the New LCD sold for, 1400$ before shipping and fees. :/

The version I have, the New LCD (was replaced by New New) can do 1920x1080 but actually has slightly more lag than the Sanwa model.
So while I think it's better, if lowest lag possible is your thing I don't think you would be happy with it (good thing it was replaced with the lower lag New New).

BTW as confirmed by our friend, the New New LCD is the same model that comes inside the Taito Diamond Black stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up an almost identical spec fan, San Ace 109p0824h701.

Sadly due to other issues found with the monitor, I haven't tested them yet. Sorry.

Yes I know the official Taito replacements are expensive/not for everyone, but I think they are well worth it...

Fans inside a monitor are stupid, these panels are dim as hell and 1360x768 isn't 1920x1080.
I don't know, man, my sanwa monitor does me just fine. And since I'm not in the market to spend more on a monitor that costs more than the entire cabinet cost me. I'm good with this until it dies. :D

UPDATE:

I ordered two of these off Amazon. They work perfectly, they are not as quiet as I would like but for now they will do. There are no alert message anymore.

If anyone knows a quieter replacement, i'd be interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075DB71CF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not sure what tacho feedback the viewlix is looking for before it triggers the alarm but you could try fitting a fan controller, whether that be something using PWM or a resistor switch box type

What's the better one? How much was it?
The New New LCD Taito sells I believe has the lowest lag in the entire family.It also can do 1920x1080, removes the fans and consolidates the separate PSU.

The version I have, the New LCD (was replaced by New New) can do 1920x1080 but actually has slightly more lag than the Sanwa model.
So while I think it's better, if lowest lag possible is your thing I don't think you would be happy with it (good thing it was replaced with the lower lag New New).

BTW as confirmed by our friend, the New New LCD is the same model that comes inside the Taito Diamond Black stock.
Dumb question. You wouldn't happen to have pics of the Sanwa / New // New New monitors around, would ya? I'd love to see a comparison of image quality.

I had a similar problem with fan noise but was worried about the fan warning and decided to see what I could do about it.

Initially I purchased an alternative 80x7.5mm 24v fan 2 pin fan since I struggled to find a 3 pin fan in the UK. My idea was to leave the original fan behind the new one so it would still spin and give the signal required - but it didn't! So that was a bust. The fan warning still came on. The new fan was too loud anyway despite being advertised as a quiet fan.

JqV-3NW6DgdXb_zlfESGHOxp_sGvtqjii9EWANy5d9GTnqHWu3pXtzw4g8kJqeq6VdYIe-UG1OVRKILRX5TCTmiCszTWGwbIF4yHdniM6-yURaLQMr2l38-m7Eqtp_5nXdDnc9RcyA=w2400

My next idea was to use a resistor in series to lower the voltage to the fan and thus the noise. I had a few Noctua NA-RC10 cables lying around so stripped the wires and added these in series. They contain 51 ohm resistors (I wasn't sure of the brand but every other 51 ohm resistor I looked at had a voltage rating in the hundreds). When you calculate it with the 24v fan at 0.1A it works out as a reduction to around 19.7v overall. This dropped the noise by about 20%! :)

P2xQQKTeKRCUbODb4r26DT3jAa0u46vA79R5wjRRUKM8pLNgFRcvZ8QOQiwOmLh6x6F_ueHESb2yqxPdk4OTSUFsKq-kz_OSk4C2tKpmbjTprlqrB42gKza9gPeVnAxNAI3nNvAEWA=w2400

I figured the warning will have a fan speed cut off at some point but I'm not sure quite what this was.

I also replaced the original metal screws with the rubber kind to help vibration. Which cut the noise by another 10% or so.

4615Hjk1au91Y4prfnkopYULNM8t8GaiQvPBnYa2e3yPnmbsr9iXzztkBY28O3CEgiOJJee6Zv1sJjyBMUdRmgVtA36TfvgCvFdH1jqos4nTKsECimOYQCv8ds-AMwEmZV7qQkSEWQ=w2400

So now the Vewlix isn't silent but it sounds more like a desktop PC than a jet engine. I suspect you could increase the resistor value higher and drop the speed more, but I wasn't sure of the exact value and had those Noctua NA-RC10 cables lying around which I figured means they've been tested in a similar situation and I could make a tidy job of it.

I think the best solution would be a pair of Noctua 12v 80x15mm fans with rubber screws put in series with a voltage regulator or resistors in series - trouble is the speed may drop so low as to set of the fan warning?

Anyway hope this all helps anyone considering some thing similar in the future. I don't make any claim to the safety or longevity of this set-up there's plenty of people who say a set-up is bad for your power supply...I guess time will tell.

For now I'm much happier with the fans. :)

Last edited:
I watched a printer tear down by the eevblog guy and lo and behold it had a fan that looked like it might work out for 80mm 24v replacements for the vewlix monitor fans. 3 pin so should be a direct replacement. I’m hoping since it was in a printer it is pretty quiet but I can’t find specs. Anyway I’ll report back when I get them. Found 2 from different sellers, $30 shipped for both so not too bad if they work out and if not I can prob sell them on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Laser-Jet-...-For-Dell-Laser-Printer-5130CDN-/191770727457

now that I think about it, maybe it is noisy and just runs when the printer is running. Oh well for the price of the fans I figure worth a shot.

Last edited:
I’m also curious if there is space in there to just cut the case and install 120mm fans. If so then some noctua 24v stuff would be usable.

The New New LCD Taito sells I believe has the lowest lag in the entire family.
It also can do 1920x1080, removes the fans and consolidates the separate PSU.

My Vewlix monitor P32L050 show the sign “FAN STOP” and turn off signal.
What’s wrong with my monitor?

So my vewlix came with the nastiest dirtiest fans possible. The fans in the monitor were especially bad, so I replaced them with a 12v 3 wire fan. Now when i turn on the machine I get a message in the bottom left corner of the monitor that says, "Alert please check fans". The fans are spinning. The fans i removed is an ICFAN E232190 24v 0.1a fan.

Anyone replaced these before? I would like to use a quieter fan and would hate to replace them with the exact model unless i have to, they would need to come from china and it will take awhile to get them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

7bgXYGjtTBvYk9AZPFQ5Jvyawpj5iC3nYlw=w1436-h1077-no.jpg
My VEWLIX DIA BLUE meets the same issue, P32L050 shows the “FAN STOP” signal and turns off.
Game sound is still running but no game screen.
What’s the issue?

Back