What's new

hallucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a long history with Revolution X and am at a point to where I really want to get this game working already.
here is my story, I am from south texas and have bought the game physically twice.

which leads to this

I have 2 Rev X boards.

one doesn't boot at all.

the other works and boots up but has issues with the characters you shoot becoming Black and white,

pictures below
RAM error with 2 chips on test screen.

i installed a new HAPPs PSU , voltage is all good.

https://imgur.com/a/c0uhYUg

gladly appreciate any feedback / or anyone I can send this out to for fixing.

I have a very long history with this game as well. There are a few problems with them almost always on the main pcb. One potential issue is that the eproms can suffer from bit rot. And there are a lot of eproms on these boards. I've fixed one by just testing the eproms against the mame set and replacing a few bad ones.

The MAIN problem with these pcbs is leaky caps. I own like 10 of these pcbs but only one works. The nine that are dead all have suffered from rotted traces because of the leaking surface mount caps. The sad part about this is that the smd caps on these pcbs are all smoothing caps. The pcb would run without them but in this case they have become the killer. The working one I bought two years ago. I paid a bit much because it was tested working. I inspected it when I received it and sure enough the caps were leaking so I removed them all and cleaned the board up in order to stop the corrosion. I then replaced all of the caps with new surface mount caps.

You might get lucky if you remove the caps and inspect your pcb. The dead one is almost certainly from the leaking caps.

Back