What's new

Mrhide

Enlightened
Reaction score
Well I'm so thrilled with the powdercoat results that I have to share the p0rn :) Sorry about the size but it's worth it!

IMG_8889.jpg

IMG_8891.jpg

IMG_8894.jpg

IMG_8896.jpg

IMG_8898.jpg

IMG_8890.jpg

IMG_8893.jpg

IMG_8895.jpg

IMG_8897.jpg

IMG_8899.jpg

Nice! Pretty sure mine is gonna need this treatment. Post progress pics!

Did you sandblast first?

What have the costs been so far?

That looks amazing. Do you have before pics?

Awesome...someone has been busy :thumbsup: Please share details, I have to do the same as well as nickel plate/polish the bare metal pieces, and polish all the other screws/bits.

Is the original coating on the cabs a paint or a powdercoat? The original looks like a paint just because of how smooth it looks, with powdercoat process I have notice that most times you dont get a super smooth finish/look.

Can the tube be unmounted in one shot without removing it from the rotate mechanism/plywood?

Seriously nice! My E3 will have to make do with a bit of a wipe down in comparison for now...I'll be very interested to see how you get on with the front plastics / fibre parts also :D

- yes it was sandblasted before.
- the original is paint and not powdercoat so that made it cheaper to sandblast. This shop powder coat is DA BOMB and super nice and smooth.
- Cost is irrelevant ;) but worth every penny. I think they were happy to have a fun project to do instead of pipes!
- strip / before pictures are HERE
- The wood/rotating/tube is 4 screws and it all comes out. Piece of cake.
- I found the nickel plate shop .. have to bring stuff there.
- Yes it's all because of Roger's post on Arcade Otaku and that damn video with daifukkatsu music!

Last edited:
Can you give me a roundabout cost you paid for the blast and coat? I want some ammo to use for negotiating doing the same for mine?

How did you remove the serial plate without damaging it? I removed the screws but it's still stuck up there good.

Did you try to save any original decals or are you going full repro?

Yours looks much better on the outside than mine. Yeah you have more spray paint than I did but mine also has huge gashes on the sides including through the side art down to the metal.

Mine was filthy inside but no mold on the wood. Just heavy dirt on everything.

Can you give me a roundabout cost you paid for the blast and coat? I want some ammo to use for negotiating doing the same for mine?
+1. I have about six cabs I'd like to get done and have no idea what fair pricing looks like.

Serial plate : Heatgun and heat the shit out of it. use a paint striper to SLOWLY get under and you're done.

sent you pms for price.

That was my suspicion. Thanks a lot, bro.

received other bits today :) (the alberto panel was a few weeks ago)

IMG_9111.jpg
Ahh...mind sharing the color/stick/button info. I want to get as close to the original/stock stuff as possible.

ALberto's panels are the best!!!!

flyer.jpg

well the stock is yellow and green <X

I went purple. and I will have to try these balltop but the KDIT-BICOLOR-BALLTOP-VIOBLUE is reeeeally nice :)

from Focus attack:
Bi-Color Balltop: Violet/Blue
KDIT-BICOLOR-BALLTOP-VIOBLUE 2 $7.25 USD $14.50 USD
JLF-ALU Series Shaft/Dustwasher Set: Purple
KDIT-ALU-SHAFT-PURPLE 2 $5.95 USD $11.90 USD
Sanwa JLF Aluminum Standard Joystick Shaft: Pink
SC-JLF-STOCK-SHAFT-ALUPINK 2 $4.95 USD $9.90 USD
Sanwa LB-35 Balltop Violet
SANWA-LB35-BALLTOP-VIOLET 2 $2.25 USD $4.50 USD
Sanwa OBSF 24mm Pushbutton Violet
SANWA-OBSF-24-VI 2 $2.25 USD $4.50 USD
Sanwa OBSF 30mm Pushbuttons Violet