What's new

Soundmazta

Student
Reaction score
Does anybody know the voltages I need so that my boards boot correctly. I always have the problem that not both boards are booting every time I start my time crisis 3 cabinet. I also measured the voltages but I have the same problem on both side. 12 volt is to low when 5v is correct or the opposite way around. Sometimes when I try to change the voltages I can get the boards to boot. Sometimes they also freeze and if I don't turn them on together I often get freezes on the already running board.
I hope that someone give me an advice how I will get it working. Thanks

Thank you, so I should have 5v exactly or a little bit more. Like Sega boards?

The chips on the board are looking for 5v. The farther away you measure, the higher it should be there. So if you’re measuring at the 5v input at the front of the 246, then yes it should be 5.05 or something there.

The voltage will fluxuate also on what’s going on during the game so I usually measure/set during attract mode. That might mean on startup you see a peak like 5.15v or something but it settles down to 5v when it’s running. If you’re still having trouble then it might be time for a recap or a new power supply.

Usually the 12v stuff is just for audio and has a much wider tolerance. Im not certain that’s the case for 246 but it’s very likely.

Thanks a lot for your advice. I will set it to 5.05 and try it again.

It worked, games are booting now. But when the pcbs are linked they won't boot...

Mine isn’t a linked setup unfortunately. All I can think is boot them each individually and set them up for linked play in test mode, then reboot. Maybe the battery needs changing if the setting aren’t saving? Or try another cable.

Changes were saved no problem, i already tried connecting them when already booted up. but then booth game pcbs are freezing.

It's working now. I think it was the cable connection. Also resetet both sides completely and rearranged the linking...

Back