What's new
I doubt someone would convert Demon Front. I'll bet there are lots of undocumented variants for many games.

I doubt someone would convert Demon Front. I'll bet there are lots of undocumented variants for many games.
"Demon Front" IS being used as a donner for the "Cave" shooters... Its one of these reasons it so much harder to find.. and more expensive....

T.

It's listed as a potential donor, but has anyone confirmed it being used? I would think sheep_nova could get more money just selling them as Demon Front.

I've not seen Demon Front used as a conversion cart. It's a silly game to convert as it's a great game not deserving of that sacrifice.

It's always been expensive, probably because it's one of the very few really good games on the system.

EDIT: This cart actually works but is different than the one scanned already. Scanning them did not work for me so I took photos. I'll send them in.

According to the label scans on your scan page it is a KOV: Plus but the pcb numbers do not match for either pcb. Plus they are orange instead of green.

The pcbs are:

No-0257-1
No-0256-1

The holo label on the processor says H8 on it. I'll try to scan them and get your ideas on which files to try. I'm pretty sure one of the pals have been replaced with an incorrect file. It's clear the chip was not originally on the cart.

I've not seen Demon Front used as a conversion cart. It's a silly game to convert as it's a great game not deserving of that sacrifice.

It's always been expensive, probably because it's one of the very few really good games on the system.
There are LOTS of good games being used as donners..... Just because you haven't seen one...Doesn't mean there not being used.....

That's why "Fluffy" PCB are so special.....

T.

Is failure of the caps on a PGM motherboard common? I've had 5 or 6 motherboards in my time and haven't had or heard of this being a major issue Just wondering if it's worth the time and hassle to recap mine.

The converts sell cheaper than Demon Front. Seems silly to sacrifice a $200+ Demon Front cart to convert to a $150 Cave shooter. :?:

I'm always scouring PGM sales, have seriously never seen Demon Front as a donar. If a seller has it and wants to make money, they'll just sell it as is. Not spend more time, money and effort to convert it and sell at a lower price than its value in original form.

Is failure of the caps on a PGM motherboard common? I've had 5 or 6 motherboards in my time and haven't had or heard of this being a major issue Just wondering if it's worth the time and hassle to recap mine.
I have seen a lot of caps leak.. The main victim is the 470uf near the 68K CPU....

I even show it in my PGM repair videos.... If you have watched them??

T.

As an update, sheep_nova is sending me a new Nine Dragons cart, and I don't have to return the franken cart. I ordered some more common games from him. My brother and I have most of the common games now, plus Demon Front and the three Cave conversions.

Does anyone know if it's normal for Knights of Valour Plus to just be EPROMs? (See photo of my cart below.)

I noticed for all carts of this game that it doesn't even seem to have its own label, it just has a normal Knights of Valour label. Are perhaps most or all of them just conversions of the original cart done cheap? I feel like IGS would have at least used roms with official looking labels.

Source:
https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=22252
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Knight-of-...439374?hash=item3fca6336ce:g:B0sAAOSwOZNdYUF4

Attachments

• kovplus.png
    kovplus.png
    835.3 KB · Views: 195
  • kovplus2.png
    kovplus2.png
    655 KB · Views: 179
Regular Knights of Valour can be updated to Plus just by updating one eprom. That's probably the reason why most come with a regular KoV label (mine was like this too).

The converts sell cheaper than Demon Front. Seems silly to sacrifice a $200+ Demon Front cart to convert to a $150 Cave shooter.
Well, back when Joerg was the only one doing Cave conversions, the converted carts did go for more money. However, yeah, Demon Front has always been one of the more expensive PGM titles, so I don't buy into it that it was used regularly for conversions (if ever).

Okay, thank you. So if only one rom needs to be upgraded, then why does mine have 5 EPROMs with homemade-looking labels? Did IGS sell them like this?

Okay, thank you. So if only one rom needs to be upgraded, then why does mine have 5 EPROMs with homemade-looking labels? Did IGS sell them like this?
Hi,
For having somes pieces of KoV, all were with eproms with different homemade labels, looks like an original IGS.

I opened up my Korean Knights of Valour (vanilla) cart and it has original-looking roms. This is more like what I would expect a KOV Plus cart to look like.

I guess I'll probably keep looking for a better copy of this game.

Attachments

• kovweb.jpg
    kovweb.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 176
Back