What's new
Thanks for doing this!

What do you have left that you need?
The expensive CAVE games in single PCB form, Demon Front single PCB form. PGM carts i'm slowly collecting them all. As i collect.. i scan more in...

I probably should scan in the PGM motherboards as well at some stage...

i hope to buy a A3 usb scanner. So i can fit all the PCBs on the scanner. Some single PCB boards are longer than A4....

D.

Well, I can scan ESPGaluda when I get around to finding it in my storage if you don't have it by then!

Damn, I had a single board DF, but it's gone now!

I have just started adding PGM Mother Boards scans as well.... A bit harder to collect.. but i buy them now and then.
Most are faulty, And need repairs. So you can see the damage, cap leakage and repairs in the pics.

D.

update 009 - PGM “The Gladiator / Road Of The Sword” CART PCBs added.

I have had the single PCB version of this for quite a while. I was very excited to secure the Cart version as well.

BIG THANKS goes out to @buffaloj0e for help supplying these carts :) I can't thank him enough :) I'm very grateful.

More carts to follow soon... just getting the titles translated to english.....

D.

I have had the single PCB version of this for quite a while. I was very excited to secure the Cart version as well.

BIG THANKS goes out to @buffaloj0e for help supplying these carts :) I can't thank him enough :) I'm very grateful.

D.
Could you please dump the socketed program roms to see if you have any undumped revisions? I have come across quite a few that were undumped both pgm1 and pgm2 so please check yours :)

D.
Could you please dump the socketed program roms to see if you have any undumped revisions? I have come across quite a few that were undumped both pgm1 and pgm2 so please check yours :)
Hey,
Did you just want me to dump "“The Gladiator / Road Of The Sword” " Program roms?? OR EVERY pcb i have's program Roms??

Dumping is not an issue.. I have a eprom burner with 48pins :) Did you just want me to check the program roms stickers to see if i have diffrent versions??

IF you see something different... (In my cart scans) just tell me which cart and i can dump it....

D.

Update 010:
Added "Hack Cart 4", Looks to be a revision of "hack cart 1"
Added "Oriental Legend Super". Slowly working through translating.... but i'm very slow...

That's it for tonight, More probably adding in around Saturday... see how i go.... Its still going to be a busy week.....

IF people what a specific cart dumped (Program roms etc).. please let me know... And i'll do it.

D.

Update 010:
Added "Hack Cart 4", Looks to be a revision of "hack cart 1"
Added "Oriental Legend Super". Slowly working through translating.... but i'm very slow...

That's it for tonight, More probably adding in around Saturday... see how i go.... Its still going to be a busy week.....

IF people what a specific cart dumped (Program roms etc).. please let me know... And i'll do it.

D.
I meant the original games you got :). But yeah, i can check the scans and see if there are any new revs compared to mame and tell you if I can find anything

Hey all,

Can some one help me with translation of the following games Names / Labels ???

I need it so i can keep scanning the PCBs in :)

I have been looking up PCB numbers in PGM.CPP in mame... but the last 3 carts... the pcb numbers arn't in mame....

D.

Attachments

• 20190417_162029-small.jpg
    20190417_162029-small.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Update 010
Added REV 10 PGM Motherboard scans
Added REV 11 PGM Motherboard scans

D.

Update 011
Added "KOV: Super Heroes” PCB scans

Update 012
Added "Photo Y2K" (2). A different rev of the same game. Label is different tooo
Added "KOV - Super Heroes" (2). Again a different revision. Label etc.
Added "Flash 3 in 1"

Last edited:

D.
Hey @bytestorm,
Did you want me to dump the "hack" carts roms too?? I know the 2 hack carts i dumped today are NOT in the mame somewhere....

D.

D.
Hey @bytestorm,Did you want me to dump the "hack" carts roms too?? I know the 2 hack carts i dumped today are NOT in the mame somewhere....

D.
Depends, if the "hack" is a IGS release or pure hack. IGS releases are always interesting :), but a homemade hack (bootleg carts) are not...

They are PGM games / code with a few mods....
I notice that espgaluda and ddonpach both include decrypted "Bootleg" roms in there mame sets.
I thought all the Cave shooters Code has all been "modded" to run on a cart instead of on a single pcb....

D.

Huge update on "Hacked PGM Carts"

I have done alot of work today on hack carts..... I submitted dumps of the program roms to the Mame team.. as there not in mame at the moment....

I beleve the following is true....

ALL HACK carts run a PLD (seams to be a Lattice LC4128V On all of them).
PLUS a "ARM7" CPU. This is eigher in a a small QFP OR a PLCC 44pin chip.

The ARM7 QFP is a "LPC2131FBD64"
The ARM7 PLCC i haven't confirmed yet... Its name is scratched off on all chips

The PLD has JTAG.. i don't know yet if the security bit is set...
The ARM7 seams to have jtag as well. (both have pin headers on the PCB for each chip).

SO it would seam they are emulating the IGS ASIC 27 chip.....

Another fact i know 100%. Some hack carts run un-encryted program rom code. While other use Encrypted Prog Roms.

D.

Last edited:
Awesome man, thanks so much for doing that! I look forward to trying them in MAME!

Back