What's new
Awesome man, thanks so much for doing that! I look forward to trying them in MAME!
As far as i know the GFX data is the same as a real cart.. its just the program roms that are diffrent...

I have confirmed the "un-encryted" hack cart prog roms have the same layout as a real cart "un-encryted" code.... SO they may work in mame with out much fuss...

There are SO many ASCII cart layouts that are missing from PGM.CPP. Even PCB numbers are missing....Not sure if its easy / hard to update mame source code?? I have only ever sent roms... and Viewed PGM.CPP and related code files.

D.

Awesome man, thanks so much for doing that! I look forward to trying them in MAME!
As far as i know the GFX data is the same as a real cart.. its just the program roms that are diffrent...
I have confirmed the "un-encryted" hack cart prog roms have the same layout as a real cart "un-encryted" code.... SO they may work in mame with out much fuss...

There are SO many ASCII cart layouts that are missing from PGM.CPP. Even PCB numbers are missing....Not sure if its easy / hard to update mame source code?? I have only ever sent roms... and Viewed PGM.CPP and related code files.

D.
OK, I'll be honest, I have no idea what the hell you're saying, but it sounds so sweet in my ears... :)

Keep it coming man, I think you're telling me I may be able to try them right now if someone would just post up the ROMs on the inter-webs...

All good guys, I got help :)

Hey All,

Can anyone help with a english tranlation on these 2 screens???

Thanks,

D.

Attachments

• 20190422_164401 - small.jpg
    20190422_164401 - small.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 20190422_164511(0) - small.jpg
    20190422_164511(0) - small.jpg
    782.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Update 014
Added: PGM "Oriental EX" REV 1 PCB.

This is PCB 0191-1. "0191" is already on my page.....

D.

Hey All,

Just thinking of added a new page on my site that goes from PGM PCB Numbers List - to game name.

Would anyone find this usefull??

If so.. then i would add it to my site!

D.

Update 015.

Added PGM 2 Motherboard scans.
Added PGM 2 KOV 2 PCB scans.

Enjoy.

D.

Stumbling across your thread, I figured I'd help out.

I just scooped up a dedicated "Demon Front" PCB.
If you want, I can bring it to work on Monday and scan it.
if not I got loads of high res cams to take pics of it on a white sheet or something.
Here's a good clean pic of it.

20190227_124818.jpg
Hey @psykom1

Did you ever get a chance to scan the DF PCB??

D.

UPDATE: 016.

Sent off my first PGM related PCB to be made today at OshPark.
Can't wait to get them back... In the mean time i should post the project i'm working on.. and were i'm up to etc... I'm sure someone would enjoy the read / pictures etc....

T.

Attachments

• PCB PICTURE.JPG
    PCB PICTURE.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 289
UPDATE: 016.

Sent off my first PGM related PCB to be made today at OshPark.
Can't wait to get them back... In the mean time i should post the project i'm working on.. and were i'm up to etc... I'm sure someone would enjoy the read / pictures etc....

T.
Hey mate,

What software are you using for PCB design?

Looks like MS Paint?
=O

I ask because there's a few free options out there which will auto route for you and do a very nice job too.
Frank has been usind easy EDA and I've been using Eagle. You just need to make a simple schematic and it pretty much does the rest of the work for you.

I wasn't meaning to be rude. Just wanted to check if it were a serious post or not.

With trace routing you need to be using straight lines and 45 / 90 degree angles. I'm very surprised that PCB passed fabrication audit, even more surprised if it works.

If you need help, yell out. :)

I was trying to be funny :/ -- no offense intended @GC8TECH
None taken.. its free software.... BUT i had to buy a file converter to be able to get the right gerbers out to get the pcbs made.... It IS very MS Paint like.. BUT its easy and simple and fast.. I do enjoy hand routing PCBs...

T.

I wasn't meaning to be rude. Just wanted to check if it were a serious post or not.

With trace routing you need to be using straight lines and 45 / 90 degree angles. I'm very surprised that PCB passed fabrication audit, even more surprised if it works.

If you need help, yell out. :)
For High Speed PCBs.. i would aggree with you!!.. But stuff like this will be fine... I've made quite a few chip converters.. and they all worked :).

I never post jokes like that... I was hoping for more positive feedback though :P

D.

If you gave another software a go you could get a way more professional/neat looking PCB.

My first PCB was designed in Eagle with no prior knowledge of the software and it turned out great. It's very user friendly but I'm still learning as I go.

I think the biggest question here is Why the hell not?

Attachments

• 20190122_170453.jpg
    20190122_170453.jpg
    640.8 KB · Views: 238
If you're happy, I'm happy. :)

But... If you want to improve your results there are people here willing to help.

If you're happy, I'm happy. :)

But... If you want to improve your results there are people here willing to help.
Great.. I would apeate any help you can give :) @oneleaf86 Is eagle free?? Sounds a good choice if its easy to use.... :)

If you both want to hep with V2 of the PCB.. That would be great.. as i'm sure there will be somthing not quite right... May hit PGM cart plastics as well.... Need to do all that testing.. then i can do the next revision :)

T.

Back