What's new
If you gave another software a go you could get a way more professional/neat looking PCB.

My first PCB was designed in Eagle with no prior knowledge of the software and it turned out great. It's very user friendly but I'm still learning as I go.

I think the biggest question here is Why the hell not?
Is that the boards on a System 16 with extra sram for Fantasy zone 2 DX??? I bought the PS2 game that it comes from to give me a "software licence " so i can build one tooo... I also bought the Fantasy zone collection as well... So that should be enough money to the developers so i can do a conversion.

T.

If you gave another software a go you could get a way more professional/neat looking PCB.

My first PCB was designed in Eagle with no prior knowledge of the software and it turned out great. It's very user friendly but I'm still learning as I go.

I think the biggest question here is Why the hell not?
Is that the boards on a System 16 with extra sram for Fantasy zone 2 DX??? I bought the PS2 game that it comes from to give me a "software licence " so i can build one tooo... I also bought the Fantasy zone collection as well... So that should be enough money to the developers so i can do a conversion.
T.
Yeah, it adds the extra SRAM needed to run FZII. You can convert to FZII till your hearts content but we're unable to discuss any info to do with the conversion process here due to admin having close ties to the developer.
Eagle has a free and paid version, the free version has PCB size and layer limits but I haven't ran into any issues yet due to the small size and simplicity of my projects.

You'd just need to make a schematic connecting the pins and then it's pretty simple from there. Download it and give it a go! :)

When i can get more time i'll look at Eagle.. if its easy to use.. that would really help... Cos i will need to make some more PCBs for this project anyway....

D.

FreePCB is another solid alternative. It has the best ease of use to performance ratio out of all the software I've tried. It outputs rock solid Gerber files too.

FreePCB is another solid alternative. It has the best ease of use to performance ratio out of all the software I've tried. It outputs rock solid Gerber files too.
Thanks for the options... Ease of use would be high on my list.. also being able to output to OshPark would be good tooo... I normaly do my beta boards there.... After that i'll have to find some were to make quite a few more...

D.

Back to PCB scans........

If anyone wanted to "donate" a PGM cart so i can scan it in.. I'd pay for the shipping to get it here.....

Thanks,

D.

Great.. I would apeate any help you can give :) @oneleaf86 Is eagle free?? Sounds a good choice if its easy to use.... :)
If you both want to hep with V2 of the PCB.. That would be great.. as i'm sure there will be somthing not quite right... May hit PGM cart plastics as well.... Need to do all that testing.. then i can do the next revision :)
Eagle is now owned by Autodesk, which turned it into some kind of subscription service...

I am using KiCad, which seems to work fine for my use cases: http://www.kicad-pcb.org/

Back to projects....

For quite a while i have noticed "Demon Front" carts are getting harder to find.. and much more expensive... I presume this is because people are using DF carts to convert to the Cave shooters..... (enter @Fluffy PGM cart PCBs for the 3 cave shooters.. no more carts have to be sacrificed..)

So i decided to see if a "reproduction" DF Cart could be made from a cheaper / common carts. For example the Mahjoh (China Dragon / Same Same) carts.

So here is my progress.... First up i need to be able to expand the eprom storage to 16mbit and 32mbit. This is what my "beta" chip converter PCBs do... As you can see there isn't much room for the PCBs in the mockup below....

T.

Attachments

• 20190504_092612.jpg
    20190504_092612.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 20190504_092633.jpg
    20190504_092633.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 20190504_092642.jpg
    20190504_092642.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 20190504_092651.jpg
    20190504_092651.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 210
UPDATE 017

ADDED: "Demon Front" Single PCB version. Its sligtly bigger than A4...
ADDED: "Bubble Fish" PCB scans

www.gc8tech.com

T.

Some good devlopment news. My converter board... after much work... does finally work :) I need to make another re-vision... But glad it finally works after so much effot on my side.

I do have some more carts on there way due to @buffaloj0e So huge thanks goes to Him aswell :) These boards will all be scanned in....

My Conversion PCB is one step closer to building a Demon Front Reproduction cart....

T.

Attachments

• 20190605_145114.jpg
    20190605_145114.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 214
  • 20190605_145115.jpg
    20190605_145115.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 20190605_145147.jpg
    20190605_145147.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 208
  • 20190605_145204.jpg
    20190605_145204.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 211
UPDATE 18.

ADDED: "Marshal Masters" PCBS
ADDED: "Puzzle Star" PCBs
ADDED: "Dragon World EX" PCBs
ADDED: "Photo Y2K 2 R-RATED Version" PCBs Yes this IS a genuine PCB.....
ADDED: "Dragon World: Pretty Chance" PCBs.

IS there anyone HERE in Mame Dev??? So i can submit PGM roms not in the PGM.CPP MAME?? I think i have quite a few....

Most carts were donated with help from @buffaloj0e Please send him your thanks :)

T.

Last edited:
Marshal Masters?
Marshal Mathers?
Martial Mathers?
Eminem: The Video Game?

Marshal Masters?
Marshal Mathers?
Martial Mathers?
Eminem: The Video Game?
Ironicly i have seen it spelt many ways toooo. The "ROM" Name is "XING YI". Its a very expensive cart aswell....

T.

:) It’s a great game! Happy to have a genuine English version in the collection.

:) It’s a great game! Happy to have a genuine English version in the collection.
I have had it at work since we opened.... But due to cost... i thought this would be one of the last carts to have. I would love to start doing english conversions on some games..... I guess we will see how possible this is..... Its a VERY long term goal....

I still can't upload files to my web site anyway :P

T.

There’s English ROMS available for some PGM games on this site...

Still just waiting for a PGM multi so I can make some room and offload the handful of carts I own and have one sit in the motherboard and call it a day...

Hey @GC8TECH — just wanted to ask you, about a year ago your “boss” at the arcade you work at bought my Bee Storm cart that I had used with no issues whatsoever for a year both on my cab and also on my supergun.

Randomly, months after the cart arrived to the arcade, I got a credit card chargeback complaining that a capacitor kept blowing up in the cart and it was no fault of his and a faulty cart. I challenged otherwise with no response. It was way too late IMO to be making a chargeback and honestly a bit suspicious considering we know each other in the “real” world.

Seeing as you’re one of the technicians at the arcade, and seem to tinker a lot with the PGM, I just wanted to clear the air and get some insight, mainly in regards to the technical aspect of what was wrong with that cart. Photos of the cart and its purported issue would help the forum troubleshoot in the long run too.

I know I took pics of the front and back of the PCBs for the auction that I can dig up too.

Just wanted to clear the air. You’re a cool dude T and I know you work your ass off in there and do top notch work. Hopefully your boss recognizes your worth.

Last edited:
Back